English proficiency requirements
Since our Bachelor's programs are taught in English, a good verbal and written command of this language is essential. Therefore all applicants must provide proof of their English proficiency.
- Academic IELTS with a minimum overall score of 6.0 and a minimum score of 5.5 for each section.
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 80 for the traditional TOEFL iBT test at a test center or the TOEFL iBT Paper Edition. Please check in our corona FAQ whether the TOEFL iBT Home Edition will be accepted for the intake of your choice.
- Cambridge English test results: C1 advanced (formerly CAE) or C2 proficiency (formerly CPE). For both C1 and C2, we accept a score of A, B, or C.
The certificates must not be older than two years at the time of application.
Please note: the minimum English proficiency requirements for the Bachelor's program in Data Science and the Bachelor's program in Global Law differ. For more information, please check the admission and application webpages of both Data Science and Global Law.
English proficiency test results are not required if:
- You hold a passport from one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, or the United States of America.
- You completed your entire secondary education in English in one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (with the exception of Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, or the United States of America.
- You have an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma with English as the language of instruction, an European Baccalaureate (EB) diploma with English 1 or English 2, or Cambridge International GCSE and A Levels or Advanced Placement examinations.
- Your high school diploma is in the list below and English was one of the examination subjects:
- Dutch, Surinam or Antillean VWO
- Belgian Diploma van Secundair Onderwijs (ASO), richting Algemeen Secundair Onderwijs
- Danish Studentereksamenbevis / Bevis for Høgjere Forberedelseksamen*
- Finnish Ylioppilastutkintotodistus / Studentexamensbevis*
- French Diploma du Baccalauréate Général, option OIB English or American
- German Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife with a pass for English as one of your Abitur subjects*
- Maltese Matriculation Certificate*
- Norwegian Vitnemål fra den vidergåonde skolen*
- Swedish Slutbetyg från Gymnasieskolan*
* Please note: prospective students who are interested in the Bachelor's program in Data Science are not exempted. An English proficiency test is required.