What is Studielink?
If you want to apply for a Bachelor’s program at Tilburg University, you must always register in Studielink. Studielink is the Dutch national database for admission to higher education. This system is operated by DUO (Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs).
DUO operates on behalf of the ministry of education, and keeps track of all students who are studying in the Netherlands. In addition, DUO is responsible for managing student loans given out by the Dutch government.
Please note that it is always up to the University to decide whether you are accepted for your program or not. Our International Admissions Coordinators review your application in our online application system. It is not sufficient to register in Studielink only: always make sure to submit a complete application in our online application system as well.
Why is Studielink important?
You must register in Studielink to receive an invitation to our online application system, and to be able to enroll for that program at Tilburg University. Every student is allowed to register for up to four programs in Studielink. Please do so correctly or we will not be able to process your application.
- Make sure that you register for the correct program(s).
- Add your personal details (including your full name) as stated in your passport.
- Enter an e-mail address that you use regularly. Tilburg University will send you important information via this e-mail address, so please check it regularly. Make sure you pick a password which is safe but easy to remember, as you will need to log back into Studielink from time to time during the application process.
Even after you are enrolled for a program, you will need to log back into Studielink, to update your personal details, such as your address.
- Tilburg University’s student administration system is updated daily based on Studielink.
- Once you finish your first year and progress to year two, you will again need to log in to Studielink, to register for year two of your studies.
Therefore, Studielink is an important account which stays with you for the full duration of your studies in the Netherlands.
From time to time, you will receive messages from Studielink. Always read those messages carefully and follow the instructions. If you are confused about what they mean, you can forward them to your International Admissions Coordinator. Your International Admissions Coordinator can help interpret them.
How to register for your program
Our Studielink Manual offers you guidelines and a step-by-step plan on how to register for the program(s) of your choice.
Studielink terminology and abbreviations
TiU, TU or TilburgU
TuE or TU/e
Universities (or Research Universities)
Universities of Applied Sciences
Do you have questions about Studielink?
If you have any questions about the application procedure in Studielink, please contact your International Admissions Coordinator. You can find their contact details in the e-mails you received after starting your application. If you want to know more about DUO's procedures, we kindly refer you to DUO's customer service.