International Business Administration BSc
Together with students from all over the world, you learn how to become an international business professional who knows what it takes to thrive in the global market. The core of the program International Business Administration focuses on all functional aspects of business and integrates socially orientated courses. Through lectures and team work, you will gain all the necessary professional and practical skills to prepare you for a managerial career in an international environment.
from all over the world
within the program
Short overview of BSc International Business Administration
Program and courses
International Business Administration mirrors the growing internationalization of business. The program focuses on all aspects of running a large, global organization, as well as its relationship to the outside world. After the foundational phase, you can specialize in the topics of your choice.
- During the first year you will lay a broad foundation in the core subjects of international management, marketing, finance, and accounting. You will learn to apply your knowledge in the course 'Projectmanagement IBA'. Besides business courses, you will develop your mathematical skills, your academic communication skills and you will learn the basics of programming.
- In the second year you will deepen your knowledge in the core subjects. In addition, you will broaden your knowledge by studying a wider range of business subjects in courses like Human Resource Management and Comparative & Cross-Cultural Management. And you will have the course Philosophy of Science.
- In the third year you can specialize in one of the core subjects by choosing electives. You can also choose to follow a semester abroad and follow electives there. Or you can choose to gain business experience by doing an internship. You complete your Bachelor's degree by writing your thesis on one of the four core business topics: management, marketing, finance, or accounting.
Typical courses are:
- Foundations of International Strategy
Learn more about why multinationals exist, what they look like and what kind of decisions they have to make.
- Comparative and Cross-Cultural Management
Get acquainted with international differences in management and organizations.
- Finance & Investment
Learn how companies take financial decisions: is it wise to invest, and where do they find the means to do so?
Why this Bachelor's program in Tilburg?
Study International Business Administration in Tilburg
- Follow a high-quality program with high international ratings.
- Combine the broad foundation of the first two years of International Business Administration with a flexible approach in year three to prepare yourself perfectly for one of many specialized Master’s programs you can choose in the Netherlands or abroad.
- Become part of an international classroom in which many of your classmates come from abroad.
- You will develop (academic) writing, presentation, project management, programming, and research skills that will be useful as you enter the international job market.
International Business Administration in a nutshell (video - 2:48 min)
What to expect when coming to Tilburg
Beyond your Bachelor's: Extracurricular Activities
Beyond your Bachelor's: Extracurricular Activities
- Join one of our student organizations. A great way to meet like-minded students and make friends.
- Challenge yourself by participating in one of the programs of excellence.
After your Bachelor's
Careers and subsequent Master's programs
After obtaining your Bachelor's degree in International Business Administration, you can choose to do a Master's program. After you have completed a Master's program, you will have favorable career prospects, for example as a consultant or business analyst.
Alumni found work at, for example, PwC, ABN-AMRO and Deloitte.
Application and admission
Please follow the national application and admission procedure (in Dutch) if you are applying based on a Dutch vwo or hbo-p diploma, regardless of your nationality. A general description of the national application procedure is also available in English.
- To be eligible for admission to a research university such as Tilburg University, you must have a high school diploma equal to the highest level of secondary education in the Netherlands (the Dutch vwo diploma).
- As this Bachelor’s program is taught entirely in English, you must prove your English language proficiency.
- A good knowledge of mathematics is important for being successful in this Bachelor’s program. In order to be admitted, you must therefore prove that you have sufficient knowledge of mathematics.
You can find more detailed information about the admission requirements on this program's 'Application and admission' page.
Tuition fees and monthly cost of living
When you wish to study at Tilburg University, you must pay a tuition fee.
- Tuition fees cover the cost of lectures and facilities provided by the university, such as the extensive university library, Wi-Fi on campus, and symposia and other meetings.
- Tuition fees at Tilburg University are always for one full academic year.
Estimated monthly costs of living
Besides the tuition fees, you will have living costs and other expenses. You will find life in Tilburg relatively inexpensive compared to life in other Dutch university cities, such as Amsterdam and Utrecht. The approximate cost of living is between € 925 and € 1.125 per month.
|(Furnished) accommodation||Starting from € 550 per month|
|Foods & Drinks||€ 200 per month|
|Books & Readers||€ 65 per month|
|Insurance||€ 100 per month|
|Sport membership||+ € 139.95 per year|
Other Bachelor's programs you might like
Related Bachelor's programs
- Global Management of Social Issues could be a good fit for you if you are interested in how organizations work and in project management, applied more in the non-profit sector.
- If you are interested in the big picture, and studying it through mathematical models, have a look at Economics as well.
- If mathematics and how to apply it to real life challenges is an exciting puzzle for you, Econometrics and Operations Research could be the right Bachelor's program for you.
"One of the best things is the international environment. I get the chance to meet people from all around the world and discover new cultures."
"As a French, Italian and Belgian super-active second year student, I would be thrilled to share my experiences with you! Whether your questions are program related or are about sports, internationalization or student associations, I can certainly tell you something about it!"
"The main reason why I love IBA is the holistic approach to the world of business it provides. By studying various aspects of international firms’ activities we can better understand the specifics of the global business, and consequently have a smooth start in our careers as TiU graduates."
Study choice activities
Throughout the year you have the opportunity to meet us and learn more about Tilburg University and the programs that we offer. You can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
16:00 - 17:00
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Bachelor's programs
Are you curious about the experiences of international students like you? Join our Get to know Tilburg University Webinar led by our international team and discover what it is like to study at Tilburg University! It is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, and our university. You can join the webinar at 10:00 or 16:00 on October 12.
13:30 - 16:00
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Join our Campus Experience on October 18 or January 31! Discover our compact and green campus with one of our students and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
09:30 - 16:15
Bachelor's Open day
Do you want to know which Bachelor's program suits you best? Sign up for the Bachelor’s Open day on Saturday, October 28. Learn more about our international Bachelor's programs and ask our students, teachers and study advisors all your questions. You can join our Open day on campus or online!
All information in one brochure
Download one clear package with information about: program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and much more.
Our Students on Instagram: #wearetilburguniversity
Are you and International Business Administration a match? If you...
are a critical thinker who is keen on (business) analytics and broadly interested
aspire to a career in an international business environment
are looking for a program with a top reputation
Then this is the program for you!