International Business Administration BSc
Together with students from all over the world, you learn how to become an international business professional who knows what it takes to thrive in the global market. The core of the program International Business Administration focuses on all functional aspects of business and integrates socially orientated courses. Through lectures and team work, you will gain all the necessary professional and practical skills to prepare you for a managerial career in an international environment.
from all over the world
within the program
Short overview of International Business Administration
- A broad foundation in business studies gives you an excellent basis on the way to a managerial career in an international environment.
- A strong focus on skills development, including training in the area of writing, presentation, project management, and research skills.
- Become part of an international community with students of more than fifty different nationalities.
Program and courses
International Business Administration mirrors the growing internationalization of business. The program focuses on all aspects of running a large, global organization, as well as its relationship to the outside world. After the foundational phase, you can specialize in the topics of your choice.
- During the first year you will lay a broad foundation in the core subjects of international management, marketing, finance, and accounting. You will learn to apply your knowledge in the course 'Projectmanagement IBA'. Besides business courses, you will develop your mathematical skills, your academic communication skills and you will learn the basics of programming.
- In the second year you will deepen your knowledge in the core subjects. In addition, you will broaden your knowledge by studying a wider range of business subjects in courses like Human Resource Management and Comparative & Cross-Cultural Management. And you will have the course Philosophy of Science.
- In the third year you can specialize in one of the core subjects by choosing electives. You can also choose to follow a semester abroad and follow electives there. Or you can choose to gain business experience by doing an internship. You complete your Bachelor's degree by writing your thesis on one of the four core business topics: management, marketing, finance, or accounting.
Typical courses are:
- Foundations of International Strategy
Learn more about why multinationals exist, what they look like and what kind of decisions they have to make.
- Comparative and Cross-Cultural Management
Get acquainted with international differences in management and organizations.
- Finance & Investment
Learn how companies take financial decisions: is it wise to invest, and where do they find the means to do so?
Beyond your Bachelor's: Extracurricular Activities
Beyond your Bachelor's: Extracurricular Activities
- Join one of our student organizations. A great way to meet like-minded students and make friends.
- Challenge yourself by participating in one of the programs of excellence.
After your Bachelor's
Careers and subsequent Master's programs
After obtaining your Bachelor's degree in International Business Administration, you can choose to do a Master's program. After you have completed a Master's program, you will have favorable career prospects, for example as a consultant or business analyst.
Alumni found work at, for example, PwC, ABN-AMRO and Deloitte.
Application and admission
Please follow the national application and admission procedure (in Dutch) if you are applying based on a Dutch vwo or hbo-p diploma, regardless of your nationality. A general description of the national application procedure is also available in English.
- To be eligible for admission to a research university such as Tilburg University, you must have a high school diploma equal to the highest level of secondary education in the Netherlands (the Dutch vwo diploma).
- As this Bachelor’s program is taught entirely in English, you must prove your English language proficiency.
- A good knowledge of mathematics is important for being successful in this Bachelor’s program. In order to be admitted, you must therefore prove that you have sufficient knowledge of mathematics.
You can find more detailed information about the admission requirements on this program's 'Application and admission' page.
Tuition fees and monthly cost of living
When you wish to study at Tilburg University, you must pay a tuition fee.
- Tuition fees cover the cost of lectures and facilities provided by the university, such as the extensive university library, Wi-Fi on campus, and symposia and other meetings.
- Tuition fees at Tilburg University are always for one full academic year.
Estimated monthly costs of living
Besides the tuition fees, you will have living costs and other expenses. You will find life in Tilburg relatively inexpensive compared to life in other Dutch university cities, such as Amsterdam and Utrecht. The approximate cost of living is between € 925 and € 1.125 per month.
|(Furnished) accommodation||Starting from € 550 per month|
|Foods & Drinks||€ 200 per month|
|Books & Readers||€ 65 per month|
|Insurance||€ 100 per month|
|Sport membership||+ € 139.95 per year|
The Bachelor's program in less than 3 minutes
"One of the best things is the international environment. I get the chance to meet people from all around the world and discover new cultures."
"I really like the international aspect of IBA. The professors and my fellow students come from different countries, which allows you to get to know bits of each culture. Additionally, the program is quite diverse, giving you a lot of choices when selecting a master's degree."
"The main reason why I love IBA is the holistic approach to the world of business it provides. By studying various aspects of international firms’ activities we can better understand the specifics of the global business, and consequently have a smooth start in our careers as TiU graduates."
Study choice activities
Throughout the year you have the opportunity to meet us and learn more about Tilburg University and the programs that we offer. You can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
13:30 - 16:00
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Join our Campus Experience on January 31 or February 21! Discover our compact and green campus with one of our students and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
To be announced
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Bachelor's programs
Are you curious about the experiences of international students like you? Join our Get to know Tilburg University Webinar led by our international team and discover what it is like to study at Tilburg University! It is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, and our university.
To be announced
Application and Admission - Webinar for Bachelor's programs
Are you interested in a Bachelor’s program at Tilburg University, and do you want to know more about the application procedure for international students? Take the first step towards a successful application by joining our Application and Admission Webinar for our Bachelor’s programs. The next webinar is taking place at the beginning of February 2024.
All information in one brochure
Download one clear package with information about: program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and much more.
Are you and International Business Administration a match? If you...
are a critical thinker who is keen on (business) analytics and broadly interested
aspire to a career in an international business environment
are looking for a program with a top reputation
Then this is the program for you!