International Business Administration BSc
Together with students from all over the world, you learn how to become an international business professional who knows what it takes to thrive in the global market. The core of the program International Business Administration focuses on all functional aspects of business and integrates socially orientated courses. Through lectures and team work, you will gain all the necessary professional and practical skills to prepare you for a managerial career in an international environment.
Education as of September 2022
All education takes place on campus again, now that the coronavirus measures have been scaled back. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. Therefore, a few basic measures still apply. For the latest updates on the COVID-19 situation, see our FAQs for prospective students.
with guidance from a student mentor and a lecturer mentor
Short overview of BSc International Business Administration
Program and courses
International Business Administration focuses on all aspects of running a large, global organization, as well as its relationship to the outside world. After the foundational phase, you can specialize in the topics of your choice during your exchange period and in your thesis.
- During the first year you will lay a broad foundation in the core subjects of international management, marketing, finance, and accounting. You will also take supporting courses in mathematics and statistics, and apply your knowledge in the course 'Projectmanagement IBA'.
- In the second year you will deepen your knowledge in the core subjects. In addition, you will broaden your knowledge by studying a wider range of business subjects in courses like Human Resource Management and Comparative & Cross-Cultural Management. And you will have the course Philosophy of Science.
- In the third year you can specialize in one of the core subjects by choosing electives, and possibly doing an internship. You can also choose to follow a semester abroad and follow electives there. You complete your Bachelor's degree by writing your thesis on one of the four core business topics: management, marketing, finance, or accounting.
Typical courses are:
- Foundation of International Strategy
Learn more about why multinationals exist, what they look like and what kind of decisions they have to make.
- Comparative and Cross-Cultural Management
Get acquainted with international differences in management and organizations.
- Finance & Investment
Learn how companies take financial decisions: is it wise to invest, and where do they find the means to do so?
Why this Bachelor's program in Tilburg?
Study International Business Administration in Tilburg
- Follow a high-quality program with high international ratings.
- Combine the broad foundation of the first two years of International Business Administration with a flexible approach in year three to prepare yourself perfectly for a specialized Master’s program in the Netherlands or abroad.
- Become part of an international classroom in which many of your classmates come from abroad.
International Business Administration in a nutshell (video - 2:48 min)
What to expect when coming to Tilburg
Beyond your Bachelor's: Extracurricular Activities
Beyond your Bachelor's: Extracurricular Activities
- Join one of our student organizations. A great way to meet like-minded students and make friends.
- Challenge yourself by participating in one of the programs of excellence.
After your Bachelor's
Careers and subsequent Master's programs
After obtaining your Bachelor's degree in International Business Administration, you can choose to do a Master's program. After you have completed a Master's program, you will have favorable career prospects as a consultant or business analyst.
Alumni found work at, for example, PwC, ABN-AMRO and Deloitte.
Application and admission
Please follow the national application and admission procedure (in Dutch) if you are applying based on a Dutch vwo or hbo-p diploma, regardless of your nationality. A general description of the national application procedure is also available in English.
- To be eligible for admission to a research university such as Tilburg University, you must have a high school diploma equal to the highest level of secondary education in the Netherlands (the Dutch vwo diploma).
- As this Bachelor’s program is taught entirely in English, you must prove your English language proficiency.
- A good knowledge of mathematics is important for being successful in this Bachelor’s program. In order to be admitted, you must therefore prove that you have sufficient knowledge of mathematics.
You can find more detailed information about the admission requirements on this program's 'Application and admission' page.
Tuition fees and monthly cost of living
When you wish to study at Tilburg University, you must pay a tuition fee.
- Tuition fees cover the cost of lectures and facilities provided by the university, such as the extensive university library, Wi-Fi on campus, and symposia and other meetings.
- Tuition fees at Tilburg University are always for one full academic year.
Estimated monthly costs of living
Besides the tuition fees, you will have living costs and other expenses. You will find life in Tilburg relatively inexpensive compared to life in other Dutch university cities, such as Amsterdam and Utrecht. The approximate cost of living is between € 715 and € 1,215 per month.
|(Furnished) accommodation||€ 350 - 750 per month|
|Foods & Drinks||€ 200 - 300 per month|
|Books & Readers||€ 65 per month|
|Insurance||€ 100 per month|
|Sport membership||+ € 139.95 per year|
Other Bachelor's programs you might like
Related Bachelor's programs
- Global Management of Social Issues could be a good fit for you if you are interested in how organizations work and in project management, applied more in the non-profit sector.
- If you are interested in the big picture, and studying it through mathematical models, have a look at Economics as well.
- If mathematics and how to apply it to real life challenges is an exciting puzzle for you, Econometrics and Operations Research could be the right Bachelor's program for you.
Alexandra DutaBachelor's student
"One of the best things is the international environment. I get the chance to meet people from all around the world and discover new cultures."
Laura VitielloBachelor's student
"As a French, Italian and Belgian super-active second year student, I would be thrilled to share my experiences with you! Whether your questions are program related or are about sports, internationalization or student associations, I can certainly tell you something about it!"
Kate KalpaxiBachelor's student
"This program allowed me to widen my mental horizon because of the variety offered by its courses, both theoretical - such as marketing, and practical - such as mathematics."
Throughout the year you have the opportunity to meet us and learn more about Tilburg University and the programs that we offer. You can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
To be announced
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
09:30 - 17:00
Bachelor's Open day
Do you want to know which Bachelor's program suits you best? Sign up for the Bachelor’s Open day on Saturday, November 5. Get to know more about our international Bachelor's programs and ask our students, teachers and study advisors all your questions.
To be announced
Student for a day Bachelor's programs
Do you have a specific study program in mind or are you still considering various options? Join one or more of our Student for a day event(s) in Fall 2022. Together with our students you can attend a variety of mini-lectures and discover whether the study program suits you. The exact data are not scheduled yet.
All information in one brochure
Download one clear package with information about: program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and much more.
Our Students on Instagram: #wearetilburguniversity
Are you and International Business Administration a match? If you...
are a critical thinker who is keen on (business) analytics and broadly interested
aspire to a career in an international business environment
are looking for a program with a top reputation
Then this is the program for you!