BSc International Business Administration
Together with students from all over the world, you learn how to become an international business professional who knows what it takes to thrive in the global market. The core of the program International Business Administration focuses on all functional aspects of business and integrates socially orientated courses. Through lectures and team work, you will gain all the necessary professional and practical skills to prepare you for a managerial career in an international environment.
On Campus if we can | Online because we can
This academic year, education will take place partly online and partly on campus depending on the corona measures in place. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. For the latest updates on the corona situation see our FAQs for prospective students and current students.
based on their prior education
with guidance from a student mentor and a lecturer mentor
Short overview of BSc International Business Administration
Program and courses
International Business Administration focuses on all aspects of running a large, global organization, as well as its relationship to the outside world. After the foundational phase, you can specialize in the topics of your choice during your exchange period and in your thesis.
- During the first year you will lay a broad foundation in the core subjects of international management, marketing, finance and accounting. You will also take supporting courses in mathematics and statistics, and apply your knowledge in the course 'Projectmanagement IBA'.
- In the second year you will deepen your knowledge in the core subjects. In addition, you will broaden your knowledge by studying a wider range of business subjects in courses like Human Resource Management, Operations Management and Comparative & Cross-Cultural Management. And you will have a course about philosophy.
- In the third year you can specialize in one of the four core pillars of IBA by choosing electives, and possibly do an internship. You can also choose to follow a semester abroad and follow electives there. You complete the course by writing your Bachelor's thesis in one of the four core Business topics: Accounting, Finance, Marketing or Management.
Typical courses are:
- Foundation of International Strategy
Learn more about why multinationals exist, what they look like and what kind of decisions they have to make.
- Comparative and Cross-Cultural Management
Get acquainted with international differences in management and organizations.
- Finance & Investment
Learn how companies take financial decisions: is it wise to invest, and where do they find the means to do so?
Why this program in Tilburg?
Study International Business Administration in Tilburg
- Follow a high-quality program with high international ratings.
- Combine the broad foundation of the first two years of International Business Administration with a flexible approach in year three to prepare yourself perfectly for a specialized Master’s program in the Netherlands or abroad.
- Become part of an international classroom in which many of your classmates come from abroad.
International Business Administration in a nutshell (video - 2:48 min)
What to expect when coming to Tilburg
Beyond your Bachelor's: Extracurricular Activities
Beyond your Bachelor's: Extracurricular Activities
- Join one of our student organizations. A great way to meet like-minded students and make friends.
- Challenge yourself by participating in one of the programs of excellence.
After your Bachelor's
Pursue a Master's degree
Most of our students continue towards a Master's degree after completing their Bachelor's degree. For example:
Because the International Business Administration program is so broad, you have a range of different fields in which you can pursue a career, ranging from general management jobs, to the (management of) marketing, corporate finance, accounting, or even HR. The value of your Bachelor’s degree in International Business Administration is widely recognized by companies in the Netherlands and abroad. Firms hire graduates of Tilburg University regularly because of their strong analytical skills and the reputation of the program.
Application and admission
Please follow the national application and admission procedure (in Dutch) if you are applying based on a Dutch vwo or hbo-p diploma, regardless of your nationality. A general description of the national application procedure is also available in English.
- To be eligible for admission to a research university such as Tilburg University, you must have a high school diploma equal to the highest level of secondary education in the Netherlands (the Dutch vwo diploma).
- As this Bachelor’s program is taught entirely in English, you must prove your English language proficiency.
- A good knowledge of mathematics is important for being successful in this Bachelor’s program. In order to be admitted, you must therefore prove that you have sufficient knowledge of mathematics.
You can find more detailed information about the admission requirements on this program's 'Application and admission' page.
Tuition fees and monthly cost of living
When you wish to study at Tilburg University, you must pay a tuition fee.
- Tuition fees cover the cost of lectures and facilities provided by the university, such as the extensive university library, Wi-Fi on campus, and symposia and other meetings.
- Tuition fees at Tilburg University are always for one full academic year.
Estimated monthly costs of living
Besides the tuition fees, you will have living costs and other expenses. You will find life in Tilburg relatively inexpensive compared to life in other Dutch university cities, such as Amsterdam and Utrecht. The approximate cost of living is between € 715 and € 1,215 per month.
|(Furnished) accommodation||€ 350 - 750 per month|
|Foods & Drinks||€ 200 - 300 per month|
|Books & Readers||€ 65 per month|
|Insurance||€ 100 per month|
|Sport membership||+ € 139.95 per year|
Other programs you might like
Related Bachelor's programs
- Global Management of Social Issues could be a good fit for you if you are interested in how organizations work and in project management, applied more in the non-profit sector.
- If you are interested in the big picture, and studying it through mathematical models, have a look at Economics as well.
- If mathematics and how to apply it to real life challenges is an exciting puzzle for you, Econometrics and Operations Research could be the right Bachelor's program for you.
Alexandra DutaBachelor's student
"One of the best things is the international environment. I get the chance to meet people from all around the world and discover new cultures."
Laura VitielloBachelor's student
"As a French, Italian and Belgian super-active second year student, I would be thrilled to share my experiences with you! Whether your questions are program related or are about sports, internationalization or student associations, I can certainly tell you something about it!"
Kate KalpaxiBachelor's student
"This program allowed me to widen my mental horizon because of the variety offered by its courses, both theoretical - such as marketing, and practical - such as mathematics."
Throughout the year you have the opportunity to meet us and learn more about Tilburg University and the programs that we offer. You can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
10:00 - 11:00
Get to know Tilburg University - Live Webinar for Bachelor's programs
The Get to know Tilburg University Webinar is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, Tilburg University and our offer of international Bachelor’s programs. Sign up for the live webinar on February 18 or April 19.
10:00 - 11:00
Admission and Application - Live webinar for Bachelor's programs
Do you have questions about the application procedure for international students? This one-hour interactive session will give you useful information on what you can expect from the application process. It is also your chance to ask any questions you might have.
13:30 - 15:30
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
All information in one brochure
Download one clear package with information about: program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and much more.
Our Students on Instagram: #wearetilburguniversity
Are you and International Business Administration a match? If you...
are a critical thinker who is keen on (business) analytics and broadly interested
aspire to a career in an international business environment
are looking for a program with a top reputation
Then this is the program for you!