Career perspective after BSc International Sociology
International Sociology is a broad study program in which you will obtain great expertise about society. In addition, you will learn specific skills that are useful for your professional career, such as arguing, thinking critically, asking questions, reporting, analyzing and presenting.
By specializing in one of two majors, you will choose the field in which you would like to be employed.
Graduates of International Sociology are employed in various professions:
- Policy and consultancy for municipalities, provinces and ministries;
- Research and data analysis at universities, research agencies and commercial organizations;
- Teachers in secondary or higher education (for example, teaching Social Studies in secondary schools or teaching Sociology at third-level institutes);
- Advising and consultancy in public or semi-public institutions and companies;
- Journalism and opinion-forming institutions.
Subsequent Master’s programs
After completing your Bachelor’s program, you can continue towards a Master’s degree. Your Bachelor's degree in International Sociology makes you eligible for admission to the following English-taught Master's programs:
- Master in Sociology
- Double Degree in Sociology and Population Studies (Spain)
- Double Degree in Sociology with the University of Trento (Italy)
- Double Degree in Sociology with the University of Bamberg (Germany)
- Sociology track: Politics, Policy and Societal Development
- Sociology track: Health, Wellbeing and Society
- Research Master in Social and Behavioral Sciences