Application and admission Academic Pre-Bachelor
The Pre-Bachelor's year means a year of studying fulltime. Since the course is such an intense commitment, we need to ensure that the program suits you perfectly. We apply a careful and thorough admissions procedure that consists of different steps.
The first step is to apply via our application form, even if you are not sure whether you are admissible. We will always get in touch if we have any questions and we will inform you about the next steps.
Step 1: Fill out the application form as soon as possible
Fill out the application form as soon as possible. If you would like to start in the Pre-Bachelor in August, do not postpone your application. After receiving your application, we will ask you to send us more information by e-mail.
Step 2: Send us your documents on request
You have received an e-mail from us with the request to send more information.
Make sure you e-mail us the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (NL or EN)
- Proof prior education or credential evaluation by IDW or Nuffic
If you cannot send your diploma to IDW you can apply for a proof of prior education via IDW. This is called an Indicatie onderwijsniveau.
- Proof obtained certificate or certificate of participation in Dutch B1, not older than 1 year
You only need to send to following documents if you can submit them:
- Proof obtained certificate or certificate of participation in English B1, not older than 2 year
- Letter of awarded DUO loan
- Most recent overview DUO loan
- Admission of municipality to follow the Pre-Bachelor’s year
Step 3: Receive an invitation for the intake day
If you meet the entry requirements, you will receive an invitation for the intake day. During the intake day you must be able to prove that you have already had a large amount of mathematics education and that your language level of Dutch and English meets the entry requirements.
Tilburg University works together with Boswell-Bèta (Utrecht). Boswell-Bèta also offers a base year. You are assigned for the intake day at the institution closest to your place of residence.
Step 4: Visit us for your intake exams Dutch, English and mathematics
Come to Tilburg University for the intake day, during which the intake exams Dutch, English and mathematics are taken.
If you have an English language certificate at B1 level that is not older than 2 years, you will be exempted for the English language intake exam. We accept the following certificates:
- IELTS with an overall score of at least 4
- Cambridge profile PET or higher
- TOEFL internet based score at least 67
- TOEFL paper based score at least 517
Step 5: Receive an invitation for your selection interview at Tilburg University
The results of your intake tests and your documents will be assessed. If these are in order, you will be invited for a selection interview three to four weeks after the intake day. During this interview we will talk about your answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to follow the Pre-Bachelor’s year?
- Are you ready to study (again)?
- What are you planning to do after the Pre-Bachelor’s year?
Step 6: Receive a message about your eligibility
After the selection interview we will inform you whether you are eligible admissible to the Pre-Bachelor:
- If you are eligible and you want to follow the Pre-Bachelor at Tilburg University, you will receive and sign a contract
- If during the admission process it turns out that a Pre-Bachelor at Tilburg University is not the right course for you, you will receive appropriate advice for another program. This can be a Pre-Bachelor at a university of applied sciences or another way to study or work.