Application and admission for BSc Psychology
This website is being updated frequently.
Have you decided to apply for our Bachelor's program in Psychology? On this page you will find a description of our admission and application procedure.
The bachelor's program in Psychology is a Numerus Fixus program with selection by the educational institution. This means that you go through a selection process after applying. There are 600 places available in total for both the Dutch and the English taught Psychology program. The allocation of the ranking numbers is based on the outcome of the selection procedure results and there is no link with the language version.
Due to the fact that a numerus fixus applies, it may occur not everyone will be allocated a place to study Psychology at Tilburg University.
You can apply for the academic year 2021-2022 in Studielink as of October 1, 2020.
How do I apply for Psychology?
All applicants must be admitted via an application and selection procedure before starting the program. The procedure you must follow depends on your nationality and the diploma that you will receive:
- If you have a Dutch nationality AND a Dutch vwo diploma or Dutch hbo-p, please follow the procedure detailed on our Dutch website.
- Follow the procedure below only if:
- You have a non-Dutch nationality.
- If you have Dutch nationality, but your diploma will be awarded by a non-Dutch school/university (including those in Belgium and in the Netherlands Antilles / Suriname).
- If you have Dutch nationality but will be awarded either the full IB or EB diploma.
- If you have Dutch nationality but will be awarded a vwo diploma or hbo-p from a school/university based in the Netherlands Antilles / Suriname.
Important dates and deadlines
- You can apply for this program in Studielink as of October 1, 2020.
- The application deadline for Studielink is 15 January 2021, 23.59 (Central European Time (CET))
- Next to your registration in Studielink, you also need to submit your application in Osiris Aanmeld. Within 24 hours after your Studielink registration, you will automatically receive an email from Tilburg University regarding the procedure to provide all the required documents to the selection committee via our online application system (Osiris Aanmeld). For further information regarding which documents you need to provide and when you need to do so, please check the information under “Step 3: Provide the required documents” carefully.
- On April 15, 2021 you will receive a message via Studielink about the ranking number assigned to you and whether you can directly accept the place (ranking number 1-600) or whether you will be on the waiting list (all ranking numbers above 600).
- If your ranking number is within the number of available places (there are 600 available places in total, for both the Dutch and the English-taught Psychology program), you will receive a proof of placement via Studielink on April 15, 2021. As soon as you have received your proof of placement, you must accept this via Studielink within 14 days. A proof of placement that has not been accepted on time will expire due to law. If a proof of placement expires, a proof of placement is granted to the next candidate who qualifies for this on the basis of his/her ranking number and to whom no proof of placement has previously been granted. Proof of placements for the academic year 2021-2022 will be issued until August 31, 2021.
- If your ranking number is above 600 and you are awarded a place at a later moment, you need to accept the place via Studielink within 14 days.
- Please be informed that your ranking is unique and will not change, even when you are on the waiting list and you would be a awarded a place at a later moment.
For questions regarding the Numerus Fixus procedure, please contact the Admission Coordinator Numerus Fixus: email@example.com.
Step 1: Check the Admission requirements
Step 2: Enroll via Studielink
Step 3: Provide the required documents
Step 4: Go through the selection procedure
Step 5: Admitted and accepted your place, what's next?
Step 6: Participate in the introduction activities
Please feel free to contact us with any personal queries about the program, admissions, the selection procedure and enrollment. You can contact us before, during, and after you have submitted your application. Our team will be glad to answer all your questions about studying at Tilburg University and provide you with detailed practical information.