Application and admission for BA Theology
Have you decided to apply for our program in Theology? On this page you will find a description of our admission and application procedure.
All applicants must go through an application procedure before starting the program. The process you must follow depends on the diploma that you will receive.
Dutch students who hold a Dutch diploma (for example a HBO-P certificate or a VWO diploma): it is sufficient to register in Studielink. You do not have to follow the procedure described below. You will be contacted separately regarding the matching activity that will take place in spring/early summer.
Follow the procedure below only if:
- You have a non-Dutch nationality.
- If you have Dutch nationality, but your diploma will be awarded by a non-Dutch school/university (including those in Belgium and in the Netherlands Antilles/Suriname).
- If you have Dutch nationality but will be awarded either the full International Baccalaureate diploma or an European Baccalaureate diploma.
- If you have Dutch nationality but will be awarded a VWO diploma or HBO-P from a school/university based in the Netherlands Antilles / Suriname.
- If you hesitate which procedure applies to your situation, please contact the Admissions Officer, Ms. Liesbeth Bluekens, via email@example.com to seek for advice.
Please note that you will need to apply and register in two different systems:
- MySAS, Tilburg University’s online application system.
- Studielink, the Dutch national registration system for admission to higher education. When registering in Studielink, make sure you pick the correct program. In Studielink, Theology is listed as: B Theology.
Since an application in both systems is necessary, when you start working on your application, we encourage you to register in both systems right away.
The application deadline for the program was May 1, 2019. Applications from non-EU students are no longer being accepted for the September 2019 intake, since the procedure to acquire a visa takes several months. You can submit your application for the September 2020 intake as of October 1.
The deadline for EU/EEA students is extended to July 1, 2019.
English language requirements
Admitted, what's next?
Please feel free to contact us with any personal queries about the program, admissions and enrollment. You can contact us before, during or even after you have submitted your application. Our team will be glad to answer all your questions about studying at Tilburg University and provide you with detailed practical information.