Application and admission for BA Theology
Have you decided to apply for our program in Theology? On this page you will find a description of our admission and application procedure.
Deadline for application: May 1st, 2020
The information on this page is intended for international applicants: students who have a non-Dutch educational background.
- If you are applying based on a VWO diploma, regardless of your nationality, we kindly refer you to our application page for Dutch students.
- If you have Dutch nationality but your educational background is non-Dutch, you can continue reading on this page.
If you hesitate which procedure applies to your situation, please contact the Admissions Officer, Ms. Ellis Renders, via email@example.com to seek for advice.
Please note that you will need to apply and register in two different systems:
- MySAS, Tilburg University’s online application system.
- Studielink, the Dutch national registration system for admission to higher education. When registering in Studielink, make sure you pick the correct program. In Studielink, Theology is listed as: B Theology.
Since an application in both systems is necessary, when you start working on your application, we encourage you to register in both systems right away.
English language requirements
The application process begins the moment you click on the submit button in MySAS and may take up to ten weeks. This depends on several factors, such as the total number of applications in process, the time of year you apply, your availability for the matching interview and the completeness of your application.
- We therefore advise you to apply as soon as possible, rather than waiting until the deadline is really close!
- During the admissions process, your Admissions Officer will contact you via e-mail. It is therefore important to keep an eye on your mailbox, and check your spam folder as well.
- Please read this paragraph carefully, so that you fully understand the process and are aware of all relevant deadlines and other important information.
Phase 1: Preparing your application package
Phase 2: Submitting your application
Phase 3: After submitting your application
Phase 4: Skype interview
Phase 5: Outcome of the admission process
Phase 6: Unconditional admission
Admitted, what's next?
Admitted? Congratulations! We hope you are excited about your move to Tilburg.
- Before you start your studies here, there are some things you need to arrange, such as housing, payment of your tuition fees, visa, and more.
- To help you, we have created a "Welcome to Tilburg University" guide - specifically for our international students. This guide will take you through the process and the preparations you need to make before you come to Tilburg.
- All Tilburg University students are encouraged to arrive in Tilburg during our Registration Days.
- After that, you can take part in the Tilburg Orientation Program (TOP Week) – a great way to get to know your fellow students and the city of Tilburg. It is the best way to start your studies in Tilburg!
Please feel free to contact us with any personal queries about the program, admissions and enrollment. You can contact us before, during or even after you have submitted your application. Our team will be glad to answer all your questions about studying at Tilburg University and provide you with detailed practical information.