Certificate Programs JADS
Exchange students are invited to participate in one of our Certificate Programs. These programs are designed for students who would like to specialize and gain a depth of understanding in a focused area of study. A certificate will only be awarded if the student successfully completes all courses from the program. The Data Science Certificate Program is the only Certificate Program offered in the spring semester. It is offered on the Mariënburg Campus in Den Bosch.
Pre-requisites for participation: Students are required to have at least one year of foundation in the field of economics, business, management, or engineering studies and a sufficient level in mathematics and statistics. Some courses require a specific background in the field of study; please refer to the online course outlines to find out more about the courses.
Data Science Certificate
The two-year Master's program in Data Science in Business and Entrepreneurship is a joint degree by Tilburg University and Eindhoven University of Technology and therefore a truly interdisciplinary business-technology-analytics program. A pre-Master’s (Bachelor-level) program of five courses of 6 ECTS each is offered to students who do have a sufficient background in statistics and mathematics, but are not directly eligible to the Master’s program. Incoming exchange students coming to Tilburg University have the possibility to follow this pre-Master’s program as a Certificate Program, consisting of the following courses:
- JBP021-B-6 Programming
- JBP031-B-6 Data-structures and Algorithms
- JBP041-B-6 Introduction to Machine Learning
- JBP051-B-6 Foundations of Databases
- JBP061-B-6 Statistics for Data Scientists
Location of education
The courses of the pre-Master’s program Data Science in Business and Entrepreneurship are taught at the Mariënburg Campus in Den Bosch. Next to the pre-Master’s and Master’s program, also an EngD (Engineering Doctorate) program and Professional Education programs are being taught at this location. For more information about JADS, please visit this website.
Conditions of admission
- To participate in the individual courses and the Data Science Certificate Program at JADS during your exchange in the spring semester, you need to select at least four out of the five courses from the pre-Master’s program Data Science in Business and Entrepreneurship. It is not possible to only take one, two or three courses from the list.
- You should have obtained at least 15 ECTS in Mathematics and Statistics, of which a minimum of 5 EC in Mathematics and 5 EC in Statistics. Admission to the courses in the Certificate Program is subject to approval by the course coordinator.
An advantage of following all five courses is that you are directly eligible for the Master’s program Data Science in Business and Entrepreneurship. So, in case you feel like spending an additional two years in the Netherlands as a student of Tilburg University and Eindhoven University of Technology, follow the Data Science Certificate Program at JADS!
Are you interested in a Master's program in the above fields? Please check our overview of Master's programs for more information.