ENGAGE.EU Online Exchange Initiative
Follow 1-2 online courses at Tilburg University in Spring 2022 while being able to complete your regular curriculum at your ENGAGE.EU home university.
ENGAGE.EU Online Exchange Initiative
The Online Exchange Initiative is a joint initiative of seven European universities under the roof of their ENGAGE.EU European University alliance: LUISS University, NHH Norwegian School of Economics, Tilburg University, Université Toulouse 1 Capitole, University of Mannheim, University of National and World Economy, and WU Vienna University of Economics and Business. Students of these universities have the possibility to apply for online courses offered at the other ENGAGE universities in the spring semester 2022.
Course offer at Tilburg University
If you are a student at one of the ENGAGE universities and are interested in following 1 or 2 courses online at Tilburg University in spring 2022, please consider the following information. Please note that the conditions for application and admission differ from one institution to another depending on the local regulations.
Course offer may still expand. Please check back before the application deadline of 15 December if you are interested.
- ENGAGE students are allowed to follow 1 or 2 courses from the offer. They may include a third option during their application as backup.
- Tilburg University courses not included in this course offer for ENGAGE students are not available for ENGAGE participants.
- Students have to be registered at their home university for the spring 2022 semester to be able to participate in the initiative.
- Students need to meet the prerequisites of the courses at the start of the semester. Courses with specific prerequisites are listed as such in the course overview. Admission may generally subject to approval by course coordinator and capacity in course.
- The spring 2022 courses schedules will be published in the course catalogue around mid-December. You will need to check via the course hyperlink above at what times your course(s) will be given . In case of earlier course registration deadlines at home, we advise students to also plan to register for sufficient classes at their home university in case of unexpected scheduling conflicts with the Tilburg University course(s).
- The course offer open for ENGAGE students will be offered hybrid or fully online, i.e. always with an online option for ENGAGE participants including exams.
- Some courses are offered in blocks (quarters) which is shown in the course overview. The academic calendars for Tilburg University and its Schools (faculties) indicate the dates of each teaching block and semester in more detail.
Important dates spring semester 2022
Start of Classes
31 January 2021
May – June 2022
mid-June – July 2022
* Period dependent on School (faculty). Individual exam dates to be confirmed in the timetable information. Mid-term exams may be given and block 3 courses may have exams earlier in the semester.
- Bachelor level: enrollment in a Bachelor program at the partner university; minimum of one year of full-time studies completed (60 ECTS)
- Master level: enrollment in a Master program at the partner university
Eligible students from ENGAGE partner universities can apply until 15 December 2021.
All applicants will be informed about the outcome by 21 December 2021. Students will be able to register for courses in time for the start of classes on January 31, 2022.
- a recent confirmation of enrollment at the home university,
- a recent transcript of records of the home university (in English), and
- if applying for a Global Law course, a motivation letter per course (see prerequisites in course list above).
The selection will be based on an evaluation of the applicant’s overall academic performance (transcript of records) and, for Global Law courses, on the motivation letter. Tilburg University will notify its partner universities about the selected students. Partner universities have to confirm their students’ admission to Tilburg University’s course(s). There is a limit of 5 ENGAGE students max. per course.
Once registered for a course, students can deregister via OSIRIS Student/App. Please also inform us at email@example.com that you are stopping with a course and communicate it with the instructor and, if applicable, with fellow students in a working group.
Tuition fees for students taking courses as part of the ENGAGE Online Exchange Initiative are waived. Costs for expenditures like reading materials, literature would have to be borne by the student (if applicable).
Please contact the Tilburg University Study Abroad & Exchange Team if you have questions:
Contact for ENGAGE.EU Online Exchange Initiative:
Ms. Anna Rathert
+31 13 466 2801
General Team Study Abroad & Exchange contact information for Incoming Exchange students:
Please find an overview of the team and current (phone) office hours on our Incoming Exchange Program page.