Study at Tilburg University with ENGAGE.EU
As a student of an ENGAGE.EU partner university you can study online at Tilburg University. Follow a module or course to be part of an online, international classroom and exchange ideas with students from different countries while continuing your studies at home.
ENGAGE.EU courses and modules
Apply to follow online courses in Fall 2023 and online course modules in 2023/24 with Tilburg University. Classes and exams take place online for you and upon successful completion you will receive a transcript of records with ECTS to potentially transfer to your study program at your ENGAGE.EU home university if your home university's regulations allow for it.
How to apply
The application period is June 1- July 1, 2023. You apply directly with us via the application process detailed below.
Through the Online Exchange Initiative (OEI), you can follow individual semester courses online at Tilburg University. Find our offer in the ENGAGE.EU course catalogue on the central ENGAGE.EU website:
You can also apply to follow a thematic course module consisting of 3-4 courses. A module is divided across two semesters, both Fall and Spring. For detailed information on the ENGAGE.EU modules offered by Tilburg University visit:
ENGAGE.EU is an alliance of leading European universities in business, economics, and the social sciences, which aims to provide European citizens with the set of skills and competencies needed to tackle major societal challenges of the present and future. Its partner universities are:
- Hanken School of Economics | Helsinki and Vaasa, Finland
- LUISS Guido Carli | Rome, Italy
- NHH Norwegian School of Economics | Bergen, Norway
- Ramon Llull University | Barcelona, Spain
- Tilburg University | Tilburg, the Netherlands
- University of Mannheim | Mannheim, Germany
- University of National and World Economy | Sofia, Bulgaria
- Université Toulouse 1 Capitole | Toulouse, France
- WU Vienna University of Economics and Business | Vienna, Austria
1 June - 1 July 2023
- a recent confirmation of enrollment at the home university (in English),
- a recent transcript of records of the home university (in English), and
- if applying for a Global Law (GLB course code) course,
- a 1-page A4 motivation letter per course, and
- only students with a GPA over 3.0 or equivalent can be considered, as well as
- 100% online class attendance is required (incl. preparation and active participation during class).
The selection will be based on an evaluation of the minimum application requirements (enrollment at an ENGAGE.EU partner university) and your academic background (transcript of records), and, for Global Law courses, on the motivation letter per course (assessed by Global Law program). Partner universities have to confirm their students’ admission to Tilburg University’s course(s). A maximum number of students per course may apply.
Once enrolled at Tilburg University, you will have to register for individual courses you are following via OSIRIS Student/App. You will receive instructions how to register from the Study Abroad & Exchange Team before the start of the semester.
Course Offer - What can I apply for?
- You can apply for up to 3 courses from the ENGAGE.EU Online Exchange Initiative offer (course catalogue) or individual courses from the ENGAGE.EU Module offer.
- Tilburg University courses not included in the ENGAGE.EU offer are not available for ENGAGE.EU participants
Requirements - Am I eligible to apply?
- You need to be registered at your home university for the semester of the learning activity to be able to participate in ENGAGE.EU courses at Tilburg University. You need to be registered for the entire academic year to be able to participate in an ENGAGE.EU module that spans two semesters.
- To follow Bachelor-level courses/modules, you need to be enrolled in a Bachelor program at your ENGAGE.EU home university, ideally with a minimum of one year of full-time studies completed (60 ECTS). To follow Master-level courses/modules, you need to be enrolled in a Master program at your ENGAGE.EU home university.
- Students need to meet the prerequisites of the courses/modules at the start of the semester. Prerequisites are listed in the courses/modules overviews. In addition, admission may generally subject to approval by course coordinator and capacity in course.
Application period - When can I apply?
Eligible students from ENGAGE partner universities can apply during the application period stated above. All applicants will be informed about the outcome in the weeks thereafter. Students will be able to register for courses in time for the start of fall semester classes on Monday, August 28, 2023.
Costs - Are there any fees or expenses attached?
There are no tuition fees or administrative fees for participating students of ENGAGE.EU at Tilburg University. Please note that you have to bear the costs for any course materials and books if a course requires it.
Scheduling conflicts - How do I find out?
You should check ahead of the start of classes for scheduling conflicts with (1) other ENGAGE.EU courses at Tilburg University, (3) courses at your home institution, and (3) courses at other ENGAGE.EU partners that you will be attending in the same semester. Only courses in one module do not overlap.
The Fall 2023 courses schedules will only be published in the Tilburg University course catalogue around early- to mid-August. (1) Click on “Courses”, (2) search for your course, (3) click on “Schedule” in the upper right corner of the course view, (4) see the weekly scheduling for classes and potentially additional working groups by clicking through the week schedule. If a course is not listed in the course catalogue, it may be an ENGAGE.EU-exclusive offer and the course times will be included in the information about the courses.
Exam dates will be published later in the semester. Please also read under "Important dates academic year 2023-24" for exam and re-sit periods you should be available for.
In case of earlier course registration deadlines at home, we advise students to also plan to register for sufficient classes at their home university in case of unexpected scheduling conflicts with the Tilburg University course(s)/module.
Important dates academic year 2023-24
Start of Classes*
28 August 2023
end of August - October 2023
|Block 2||October - December 2023|
|Exam Period**||December 2023 - January 2024|
January 2024 and mid-June/July 2024
Start of Classes*
29 January 2024
|Block 3||end of January - April 2024|
|Block 4||April - May 2024|
* Some courses do not run for the entire semester, but are offered in blocks (quarters of approx. 7 weeks) which is indicated in the ENGAGE.EU course overview.
** Period dependent on School (faculty). Individual exam dates to be confirmed in the timetable information. Mid-term exams may be given by lecturers outside of exam period. Block courses may have exams at the end of the block, not the semester.
Transcript of records
At the end of your ENGAGE.EU virtual exchange, you will receive information on how to request an official transcipt of records from Tilburg University. For credit transfer questions, please check with the ENGAGE.EU coordinator, mobility office or your study advisor/examination board at your home institution.
Credit Transfer - Can I let my TiU results count at home?
Most universities require their students to apply for credit transfer/course approval in advance of following courses at a different institution. For credit transfer questions, please check with the ENGAGE.EU coordinator, mobility office or your study advisor/examination board at your home institution.
We encourage you to apply for ENGAGE.EU courses/modules even if you do not have approval from your home university yet at the time of application. In case you then want do drop an ENGAGE course/module at Tilburg University because it will not be recognized by your home institution, please see "Changing your plans - Who do I inform?".
Change of plans - Who do I inform?
Once registered for a course, students can deregister via OSIRIS Student/App. Please also write to firstname.lastname@example.org and state which course/module you will not be attending. If you are already attending a course, you must inform the lecturer. You should also inform any students you may be in a working group with.
Please contact the Tilburg University Study Abroad & Exchange Team if you have questions:
Contact for ENGAGE.EU University Campus at Tilburg University:
Ms. Anna Rathert
+31 13 466 2801
Would you like to learn more about a physical exchange semester at Tilburg University?
Please visit Incoming Exchange Program