Spanish for Beginners Summer Course
Are you planning on studying, doing an exchange program, or working in a Spanish-speaking country? Kickstart your Spanish skills in two short weeks in this small-scale Spanish intensive summer course! No prior knowledge of Spanish is required.
Spanish is easy to learn and to start speaking. This course will teach you to communicate and express yourself even before you have reached a high level. Exercises always focus on practical and realistic situations such as giving and asking for personal information, talking about your likes and dislikes, making appointments or giving advice to people who want to visit your country.
At the end of the course, you can write a simple text or a personal letter, understand an informative text, and communicate with a Spanish-speaking partner at a basic level. You will develop your reading, listening, writing, and speaking skills and also work on your grammar and vocabulary. A number of cultural aspects of Spanish-speaking countries are discussed during the lessons. The target level of this course is CEFR-level A2.
Anyone who wants a very fast and intensive introduction to the Spanish language. Particularly useful for students who are planning an exchange period in Spain or Latin America. No prior knowledge of Spanish is required. You need to study at least 4 or 5 hours after class each day in order to achieve A2 level of Spanish.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Write a simple text or personal letter in which spelling, grammar and vocabulary are properly and appropriately used.
- Comprehend simple descriptive, functional texts and informative practical texts. Attention is paid to applying the necessary reading strategies, including reading in context in order to derive the meaning of unfamiliar words.
- Orally communicate at an elementary level using functional vocabulary and the proper grammatical structures. The pronunciation is such that a native speaker is able to understand what you are saying.
- 80% attendance required.
- ECTS: 4
- The language of instruction is Spanish, with English (or Dutch) used for support where necessary.
- The target level of proficiency is A2 according to the Common European Framework.
- Course coordinator: C. (Cristina) Irún Chavarría MA
- Lessons every morning (10:00-12:00) and afternoon (13:00-15:00) with private-study time and time to work on assignments in between.
- On the last Friday afternoon you will have a written test.
- No scholarships are available.
- International students wishing to participate in this course need to be able to stay in the Netherlands visa-free or already have a visa for studying in the Netherlands. The Language Center cannot mediate in obtaining a (student) visa.
Course materials are not included in the course fee.
- Start.es 1 Book + Website ISBN9789046904732 / E-book + Website ISBN9789046963029
- Start.es 2 Book + Website ISBN 9789046905722 / E-book + Website ISBN9789046964118
Please bring the materials with you to the first class.
You can register via the digital form which you can find at the end of this webpage.
Registration and deregistration is possible until May 31, 2022.
Tilburg University Language Center reserves the right to cancel courses in the event of an insufficient number of participants. In the event that the number of registrations exceeds the number of available places, a waiting list will be used.
Spanish for Beginners Summer Course in short
July 4-15, 2022
|Schedule||40 hours over the course of two weeks: one class (10:00-12:00) each morning and one class (13:00-15:00) each afternoon.|
July 4, 2022
This course is intended for
- Anyone who wants a very fast and intensive introduction to the Spanish language. Particularly useful for students who are planning an exchange period in Spain or Latin America.
- everyone who is highly educated. This means that you have a diploma at HAVO or VWO level and are therefore eligible for Higher Education in the Netherlands.
In our conditions, you can find more information about the registration period etc.