Accounting is the language of business — providing vital information for decision-making, planning, and control. Gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and standards, management control, and other related subjects, including information systems, integrated reporting, and data analytics for accountants. Elective courses allow you to specialize in an area of interest: e.g. auditing, controlling, management. Our program prepares you for a promising career in business, wherever your Master’s degree takes you.
National Student Survey, 2018 | n=26
National Alumni Survey, 2018 | n=26
National Alumni Survey, 2018 | n=26
Program and courses
The program focuses on the role of accounting information in facilitating decision-making, planning, and control, providing students with a broad base of knowledge and necessary skills to enjoy a successful career, whether your future is in accounting, business, finance, or management, in the Netherlands or internationally.
- Stepping stone to the Post-Master Accountancy, European Post-Master Accountancy and the Post-Master's program Executive Master of Finance and Control.
- Strong links with practice.
The content of this program is established in close cooperation with leading (multinational) companies. You will study real cases, work on assignments and frequently attend lectures of important corporate guest speakers. You will also have the opportunity to do an internship as a practical and in depth basis for your Master File Accountancy.
- Train your professional skills to negotiate or communicate with business partners.
- Electives allow to specialize in your field of interest.
- Ambitious Accountancy students can also apply for the following:
* The Extended Master, which adds a traineeship of half a year to the regular Master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
Information Systems and Data Analytics
Management Accounting and Control
Financial Accounting and Reporting
Integrated Reporting and Behavior
Upon graduating you will have obtained the following title (as stated on your diploma): Master of Science.
Your Master's degree in Accountancy from Tilburg University opens outstanding career opportunities, whether your future is in accounting, business, finance, or management, here in the Netherlands or internationally.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Audit Trainee at Ministry of Finance
- Associate at PwC
- Auditor at Deloitte
- Average number of months until first paid job: 1,5
- Finds a job within 6 months after graduation: 100%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2,798
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2018 | n=26
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
- Most Bachelor’s programs of Tilburg University School of Economics of Management will qualify
- Bachelors with a solid basis in Mathematics and Statistics, Academic Training, Accounting, Finance, and Economics, Management or Marketing
Available for both Research University students and students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master’s program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one or more Master's programs and do you want to experience what it is like to follow this program(s) at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture! You can follow a regular lecture of the Master's program(s) of your choice in November and December, 2019.
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
On Saturday 16 November, 2019. Get acquainted with our English taught Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the Professional track of the MSc Accountancy?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application