Accounting is the language of business — providing vital information for decision-making, planning, and control. Gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and standards, management control, and other related subjects, including information systems, integrated reporting, and data analytics for accountants. Elective courses allow you to specialize in an area of interest: e.g. auditing, controlling, management. Our program prepares you for a promising career in business, wherever your Master’s degree takes you.
National Student Survey, 2019 | n=67
National Alumni Survey, 2019 | n=17
Program and courses
The program focuses on the role of accounting information in facilitating decision-making, planning, and control, providing students with a broad base of knowledge and necessary skills to enjoy a successful career, whether your future is in accounting, business, finance, or management, in the Netherlands or internationally.
- Stepping stone to the Post-Master Accountancy, European Post-Master Accountancy and the Post-Master's program Executive Master of Finance and Control.
- Strong links with practice. The content of this program is established in close cooperation with leading (multinational) companies. You will study real cases, work on assignments and frequently attend lectures of important corporate guest speakers. You will also have the opportunity to do an internship as a practical and in-depth basis for your Master File Accountancy.
- Reinvented Master Thesis. Instead of one extensive document, our Master File Accountancy consists of three distinct parts with different learning goals:
- a Business Application in which academic research is used to give advice on a real-life company problem;
- a Replication Study that focuses on the collection and analysis of data;
- a Research Note in which students perform their own academic research study.
- Train your professional skills and learn how to negotiate or communicate with business partners.
- Electives allow you to specialize in your field of interest.
- Ambitious Accountancy students can also apply for the following:
- The Extended Master's Program, which adds a traineeship of half a year to the regular Master's program.
- The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Kevin KootstraMaster's student
"The diversity of courses allows you to work towards your own goals. In my case, I chose courses that aligned with working at one of the Big 4 companies and becoming a RA."
Upon graduating you will have obtained the following title (as stated on your diploma): Master of Science.
Your Master's degree in Accountancy from Tilburg University opens outstanding career opportunities, whether your future is in accounting, business, finance, or management, here in the Netherlands or internationally.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Audit Trainee at Ministry of Finance
- Manager at KPMG
- Finance Trainee at ABN AMRO
- Business Intelligence Consultant at Achmea Holding
- Average number of months until first paid job: 1.59
- Finds a job within 6 months after graduation: 94%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2,888
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2019 | n=17
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
- Most Bachelor’s programs of Tilburg University School of Economics of Management will qualify
- Bachelors with a solid basis in Mathematics and Statistics, Academic Training, Accounting, Finance, and Economics, Management or Marketing
Available for both Research University students and students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master’s program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Unfortunately, we cannot organize any on-campus events at the moment. To help you as much as possible with your study choice, we offer online alternatives.
08:45 - 17:00
Online Master’s Lectures
Do you have a Master’s degree in mind or are you considering a few programs? Then join our Online Master’s Lectures in April. Sign up now, attend a lecture and find out which program is the right one for you!
10:00 - 11:00
Tilburg University Today Live Webinars on housing
Are you interested in finding accommodation in Tilburg as you get ready to start your studies? Join one of our Live Webinars on housing on May 7 (10:00 AM or 16:00 PM). Meet our team and students to learn more about the city, your housing options, rental prices and all the additional know-hows.
10:00 - 11:00
Tilburg University Today Live Webinars for Master's programs
The Tilburg University Today Live Webinar is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, Tilburg University and our offer of international Master's programs.
Interested in the MSc Accountancy?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application