Program and courses Accountancy
Focus on the set-up and control of external financial reporting, while getting a solid foundation in management accounting, auditing and accounting information systems.
This one-year track of MSc in Accountancy consists of 60 credits (ECTS), of which:
- 6 core courses (36 ECTS)
- 2 elective courses (12 ECTS)
- Master File Accountancy (12 ECTS)
- 1 optional Career Development Course (0 ECTS)
- 1 optional Professional Skills Training Course (0 ECTS)
You can start in either fall or spring. The fall semester runs from the end of August to January. The spring semester runs from the end of January to June.
Elective courses and extracurricular activities
Master File Accountancy
Program setup and course descriptions
Make the most of your Master's
In the first semester of the regular program, ambitious Accountancy students can apply for the following additional advanced programs:
Extended Master: traineeship (+0.5 years)
QTEM program: study abroad and traineeship (+1 year)
Netspar Honors Program
Short overview of the MSc Accountancy
The program focuses on the role of accounting information in facilitating decision-making, planning, and control, providing students with a broad base of knowledge and necessary skills to enjoy a successful career, whether your future is in accounting, business, finance, or management, in the Netherlands or internationally.
- Stepping stone to the Post-Master Accountancy, European Post-Master Accountancy and the Post-Master's program Executive Master of Finance and Control.
- Strong links with practice.
The content of this program is established in close cooperation with leading (multinational) companies. You will study real cases, work on assignments and frequently attend lectures of important corporate guest speakers. You will also have the opportunity to do an internship as a practical and in depth basis for your Master File Accountancy.
- Train your professional skills to negotiate or communicate with business partners.
- Electives allow to specialize in your field of interest.
- Ambitious Accountancy students can also apply for the following:
* The Extended Master, which adds a traineeship of half a year to the regular Master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
Information Systems and Data Analytics
Management Accounting and Control
Financial Accounting and Reporting
Integrated Reporting and Behavior
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the MSc Accountancy?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application