Program and courses Accountancy
Focus on the set-up and control of external financial reporting, while getting a solid foundation in management accounting, auditing and accounting information systems.
This one-year track of MSc in Accountancy consists of 60 credits (ECTS):
- 6 core courses (36 ECTS)
- 2 elective courses (12 ECTS)
- Master File Accountancy (12 ECTS)
- 1 optional Career Development Course (extracurricular activity)
- 1 optional Professional Skills Training Course (extracurricular activity)
You can start either in the fall or the spring. The fall semester runs from the end of August to the end of January. The spring semester runs from the end of January to June.
Download the graphical overview of the program structure:
|Program structure - start August 2021||Program structure - start February 2022|
Elective courses and extracurricular activities
Master File Accountancy
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Please Note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in OSIRIS Student at the start of the year.
Make the most of your Master's
In the first semester of the regular program, ambitious Accountancy students can apply for the following additional advanced programs:
Extended Master's Program: traineeship (+0.5 years)
QTEM program: study abroad and traineeship (+1 year)
Short overview of the MSc Accountancy
The program focuses on the role of accounting information in facilitating decision-making, planning, and control, providing students with a broad base of knowledge and necessary skills to enjoy a successful career, whether your future is in accounting, business, finance, or management, in the Netherlands or internationally.
- Stepping stone to the Post-Master Accountancy, European Post-Master Accountancy and the Post-Master's program Executive Master of Finance and Control.
- Strong links with practice.
The content of this program is established in close cooperation with leading (multinational) companies. You will study real cases, work on assignments and frequently attend lectures of important corporate guest speakers. You will also have the opportunity to do an internship as a practical and in-depth basis for your Master File Accountancy.
- Reinvented Master Thesis
Instead of one extensive document, our Master File Accountancy consists of three distinct parts with different learning goals:
- a Business Application in which academic research is used to give advice on a real-life company problem;
- a Replication Study that focuses on the collection and analysis of data;
- a Research Note in which students perform their own academic research study.
- Train your professional skills and learn how to negotiate or communicate with business partners.
- Electives allow you to specialize in your field of interest.
- Ambitious Accountancy students can also apply for the following:
* The Extended Master's Program, which adds a traineeship of half a year to the regular Master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the MSc Accountancy?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application