Why do your Master's at Tilburg University?
Learn more about what Tilburg University, the city of Tilburg and studying in the Netherlands have to offer you.
Understanding Society with knowledge, skills, and character
What Tilburg University has to offer you
A degree from a Research University is a good investment in your career: the total annual income of Research University graduates in the Netherlands is nearly 50% higher than that of graduates of a university of applied sciences.
Complete one of the high-quality degree programs at an outstanding university:
- Best general university of the Netherlands in the Keuzegids Masters 2017 and 2016
- #28 worldwide in Business and Economics - Times Higher Education Subject Ranking 2019
- #18 worldwide in Economics and Business - US News Best Global Universities 2019
- #48 worldwide in Economics & Econometrics - QS University Rankings 2018
- #43 worldwide in Law - Times Higher Education World University Rankings by subject 2019
- #44 worldwide in Psychology - Times Higher Education World University Rankings by subject 2019
- #101-125 worldwide in Social Sciences - Times Higher Education World University Rankings by subject 2019
More information about our rankings.
Gain a network of valuable contacts, strengthened by the many opportunities for social interaction on Tilburg University's compact campus.
- Learn from leading researchers and excellent teachers at Tilburg University how to tackle problems, face challenges and make the most of opportunities in the academic world. You will be able to use this knowledge and experience to help entrepreneurs, managers or public administrators raise their game.
- Acquire a valuable connection to the business world and other organizations with a key role to play in society, through topical projects, case studies, guest lectures and events.
Clearly identifiable professional profile
Become well-equipped to adopt a responsible position in society, having learned during your studies to understand today's society and to develop a sensitivity to ethical and philosophical aspects.
- Develop a strong, clearly identifiable professional profile for the job market with support of our Career Services, increasing your chances of finding employment.
- Be part of an international community: students and staff from more than 100 nationalities study and work here.
- Enjoy our green campus with state-of-the-art study facilities, different restaurants and bars and an excellent sports center.
What the city of Tilburg has to offer you
Tilburg is the seventh largest city in the Netherlands. It has a population of over 200,000, representing many nationalities.
- Tilburg is rightly proud of its reputation as a center of learning: A student population of over 27,000 makes Tilburg one of the Netherlands' principal educational centers.
- The city has a great deal to offer for young and old, student and visitor alike: a thriving café and restaurant culture, sports facilities, art films, world-class pop music at pop center 013, classical music at the Tilburg Concert Hall and great contemporary art at the De Pont Museum.
- Combined with numerous festivals such as the famous Tilburg Fair and Carnival, the Festival Mundial, the Tilburg Ten Miles and the Tilburg Culinair, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging student life.
Much to see and do just outside the city
There is also much to see and do just outside the city.
- It is just a short train ride to cities like Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht or The Hague.
- European capitals like Brussels, Paris and London are also within easy reach, since Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, Zaventem Brussels Airport and Eindhoven Airport are nearby.
Learn more about...
Why study in the Netherlands?
Higher education in the Netherlands is known for its high quality assurance and its international study environment.
- With more than 2,100 international study programs and courses, it has the largest offer of English-taught programs in continental Europe.
- Dutch education offers great value for money: high quality education and reasonable tuition fees.
Open to the world
The Netherlands stands out for its great inventiveness, its problem-solving attitude and its openness to the world.
- For decades the country's historical ties with other parts of the world have brought people of non-Dutch origin to settle in Holland, which makes the Dutch generally open-minded and tolerant towards foreigners. Today Dutch society is home to more than 160 different nationalities living in its many cities and villages.
- Although Dutch is the national language, the majority of the population also speaks English and very often another foreign language, such as German or French.
- There is much cultural and ethnic variety in the Netherlands. Many religions are represented, so whatever your belief is, you will find a group that shares it.
Mild winters and cool summers
The climate is typical of a marine west coast: changeable but moderate, with mild winters and cool summers.
- Days with temperatures below 0 or above 25 C are unusual.
- Clouds and wind are common features. The annual rainfall is moderate but unpredictable.
Dutch society is organized in a non-hierarchical way
Despite being reserved, the Dutch have a manner of speaking that may startle you by its directness.
- You will notice that you can say exactly what is on your mind, as the Dutch are not easily offended.
- Dutch society is organized in a non-hierarchical way. For example, teachers tend to be very accessible and true interlocutors for their students.
- The Dutch tend to be less competitive than many other Westerners. High value is placed on teamwork and consensus.
So many bikes!
Did you know that, for the Dutch, the bicycle is an important means of transport? In the Netherlands, you will see bikes everywhere you go. Going by bike is a fast, easy and fun way to travel!
Learn more about...
Download a personalized brochure, with information on:
- Program content and admission requirements
- Housing, immigration matters, student life in Tilburg
- An impression of the career prospects