Applied Social Psychology (Double degree)
Get the best of two outstanding universities and graduate with two degrees in applied social psychology: the MSc in Psychology from the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, and the MSc in Social Psychology from Tilburg University in the Netherlands. Enrich your major in Social Psychology with minors from management, Asian studies, sociology, economics or other applied fields.
On-campus education as of August 2021 | pleased to meet you
National Student Survey, 2021 | n=50
National Alumni Survey, 2020 | n=15
Program and courses
- Graduate with two full Master’s degrees from two outstanding universities:
- MSc in Psychology, awarded by Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia
- MSc in Social Psychology, awarded by Tilburg University, Tilburg, The Netherlands
- Choose one out of two different tracks at Tilburg University:
- An ultimate international experience by studying in Moscow for a year.
- Taught by world-renowned scholars in the field of social psychology at Higher School of Economics (Sh. Schwartz, J. Berry, N. Lebedeva) and at Tilburg University (M. Zeelenberg, I. van Beest, and others).
Typical courses are:
- Cross-cultural Psychology
- Social Psychology of Prejudice
- Theory and Methodology of Modern Psychology
- Leadership and Organization (track: Work and Organization Psychology)
- Money and Financial Behavior (track: Economic Psychology)
Olga SergeevaMaster's student
"My experience of a Double Degree resulted in two outstanding and invaluable years in Moscow Higher School of Economics (Russia) and Tilburg University. In addition to a modern and advanced education in Social and Economic psychology, I received great friends and discovered the world. I am grateful for this adventure that broadened my horizons and gave an impulse to a future career."
You learn to conduct theoretical and applied research to advance academic knowledge in the areas of social, economic and work and organizational psychology. Work in positions at an academic level in research, communication, policy, consulting, human development, and organization development in private, semi-private, or governmental organizations. There, you contribute to various applied fields, being able to develop tools and interventions to solve practical problems in the areas of social, economic, and work and organizational psychology and to study the effectiveness of these solutions.
Graduates started, for example, as:
- Financial Economic Crime Coordinator at Rabobank
- Hair Brand Building Marketing Advisor at Unilever
- Market Researcher at Market research agency Ruigrok Netpanel
- Human Resource Manager at KPN
- Staff Consultant at Utrecht University
- Research Advisor at Driessen HRM
- On average 5 months until first paid job
- 73% of our alumni find a job within 6 months after graduation
- Gross monthly income: €2,449
- 65% would choose the same Master's program at the same university
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2020 | n = 15
Admission and application
This program starts:
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor in (social) Psychology
Tuition fees academic year 2020-2021
First year (HSE):
Varies from 195 000 –390 000 RUB/year (*)
(*) Russian government and HSE scholarships and tuition fee waivers available. For more information, please check the HSE website.
Second year (Tilburg University):
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Throughout the year you have the opportunity to meet us and learn more about Tilburg University and the programs that we offer. You can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
09:00 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Which Master do you think is interesting? Do you want to know which Master suits you? Then visit the Master's Open day. Find out all you need to know about our Master’s programs, tracks and Pre-Masters and ask your questions to our teachers, students and study advisors.
Interested in the Double degree in Applied Social Psychology?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application