Program and courses Art and Media Studies
This program is perfect for students who are interested in the effects of digitalization on contemporary cultural and artistic phenomena in the public sphere, contemporary media culture, arts, literature and aesthetic philosophy. We teach you how to analyze, understand, evaluate and communicate about artistic and cultural practices in online and offline contexts.
This one-year master’s track in Art and Media Studies consists of 60 ECTS:
- 6 core courses (33 ECTS)
- 1 elective course (6 ECTS)
- 2 research skills courses (6 ECTS)
- A Master's thesis (15 ECTS)
Most courses link to Diggit Magazine: papers and assignments written, commented and edited in courses will be published on this online news platform.
This program starts at the end of August.
Research skills courses
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Please Note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in Osiris Student at the start of the year.
Short overview of Art and Media Studies
- Gain knowledge on artistic practices and their contributions to the democratic, digital and mediatized public sphere.
- Develop communicative skills such as writing, analyzing and interpreting texts and images, critical reflection on societal issues, and participating in public debates.
- Turn academic content into publications that are accessible to a wider public through Diggit Magazine, both a learning instrument and an online news platform focusing on arts, digital culture, and globalization.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the Art and Media Studies track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application.