Career prospects Business Analytics and Operations Research
Business Analytics and Operations Research professionals are currently in very high demand, and the demand is predicted to increase even further. Hence, your career perspectives are excellent.
Knowledge and skills
Your degree prepares you for a career as Business Analyst or Operations Research specialist in the consultancy, logistics, manufacturing, service, and energy sectors; or any other field where raw data needs to be analyzed and converted into decision making support.
The quantitative modelling expertise that you will have gained will open up extensive career opportunities for you in the private sector, as well as in the public and nonprofit sectors.
Recent placements include:
- Supply Chain Consultant at OM Partners
- Implementation Consultant at ORTEC
- Life Cycle Management Analyst at Philips Healthcare
- Optimization Algorithm Expert at Quintiq
- Quantitative Analyst at Rabobank Nederland
- Quantitative Researcher at Robeco
- Consultant at Quintiq
- Supply Chain Consultant at ORTEC
- Risk Manager at Cardano
- Supply Chain Specialist at Bavaria
- Consultant at Fabory Group
- The gross monthly income per month of graduates in the first year after graduation: €3,393
- 82% of our alumni consider the program a good starting point for their career
- 82% of our alumni would recommend the program to friends, family or colleagues
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n=11
After your Master's
Your transition to the labor market
We help you prepare for your transition to the labor market by offering a number of career services:
Coaching, support and training courses offered by our Student Career Services to improve your employability and communication skills.
Dedicated Career Services Officers who can give you individual career guidance or help you to find interesting and relevant internships.
Familiarize yourself with the labor market and meet potential employers by participating in several career events, which are organized every year in collaboration with the study associations.
To those who wish to discover and develop their entrepreneurial talent, we offer education and support services.
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
After obtaining a Master’s degree in the Netherlands, non-EEA students can apply for a residence permit under the Orientation Year for Highly Educated Persons’ scheme. This allows you to spend a period of up to twelve months in the Netherlands to find employment.
Interested in the MSc Business Analytics and Operations Research?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application