Children’s Literature, Media and Culture (Multiple degree)
Children’s Literature, Media and Culture is a two-year Erasmus Mundus International Master’s program initiated and taught by a consortium of five universities. With this program you deepen your knowledge of children’s literature, media and culture from an international perspective and a multidisciplinary approach. You reflect on current theory and research as well as the challenges and controversies around children’s and young adult literature within the context of a globalizing and digitalizing world.
Program and courses
The Master's program in Children’s Literature, Media and Culture (CLMC) combines courses on literary history, childhood studies, cultural studies, film studies, book promotion, and media studies. These courses are linked to the specific expertise of one or more consortium partners: the University of Glasgow (Scotland), Aarhus University (Denmark), the Autonomous University of Barcelona (Spain), the University of Wroclaw (Poland), and Tilburg University.
- Follow courses at the University of Glasgow, Aarhus University, and a third university. The third university depends on the pathway you choose:
- Promotion of Reading (the Autonomous University of Barcelona )
- Transcultural Trajectories (Tilburg University)
- Film and Participatory Culture (University of Wroclaw)
- Benefit from living and studying in different countries while building an international network and earning a multiple degree*.
- Become a leader in your field by integrating theoretical and empirical approaches, combined with work placements related to the pathway you choose.
- Become fully equipped to create innovative strategies to promote reading, improving literary competence and incorporating media and digital technology in learning and teaching.
Besides this international triple degree program, Tilburg University also offers a Dutch taught Master’s track Jeugdliteratuur.
* you will receive a joint or a triple degree, depending on the pathway you choose
The program in more detail
The International Master in Children’s Literature, Media and Culture is intended for students who wish to pursue a career in the areas of children’s literature, media and education, regarding a wide range of literacies, and as preparation for further academic study through a PhD program.
The integration of theoretical and empirical approaches, combined with work placements related to the pathway you choose, allows you to become a leader in your field, creating innovative strategies to promote reading, improving literary competence and incorporating media and digital technology in learning and teaching.
Application and admission
- You are eligible to apply if you have an Academic Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Arts, Humanities or Social Sciences subject.
- In addition to a relevant degree, you must meet a minimum level of English language proficiency.
- Motivation, references, grades and extracurricular activities are also taken into account by the Applications Committee.
More detailed information can be found on the CLMC-website.
- For Erasmus Mundus scholarship students: 22 January, 17.00 hrs (UK Time)
- For self-funded students:
- Non-EU applicants: 21 July
- UK and EU applications: 25 August
Applications must be submitted online to the University of Glasgow, which coordinates the International Master in Children’s Literature, Media and Culture.
More information about the program and the different pathways, consortium partners, admission requirements, tuition fees, and the application procedure can be found on the CLMC-website.
Interested in the MA Children’s Literature, Media and Culture?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application