Program and courses Christianity and Society
Analyze and reflect on current theological and societal issues in these multidisciplinary contexts, by high-level philosophical questioning, debating and writing clear academic papers.
This one-year program consists of 60 credits (ECTS), of which:
- 7 courses (42 ECTS)
- Master’s thesis, including seminar (18 ECTS)
Classes start at the end of August. This Master’s program can be taken part-time (EU only), which will take two years.
Master's thesis, including seminar
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Please Note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in Osiris Student at the start of the year.
Extend your master with an internship
You can also apply for an Extended Master's Program. An Extended Master's Program adds an extra semester to your regular Master’s program during which you get the chance to gain relevant work and research experience and enhance your professional skills or academic knowledge.
Extended Master's Program: internship (+6 months)
Short overview of the Christianity and Society program
- Taught by theologians, sociologists, economists, law specialists, and philosophers.
- Small classes (on average 5-10 students) with a lot of individual attention and personal contact with fellow students and teachers.
- International classroom with students from various countries, religions, and academic backgrounds, ensuring a lively and balanced dialogue.
- Lower tuition fees than other Master’s programs at Tilburg University.
Partial scholarships are available to encourage students from all economic backgrounds to participate in this graduate program.
Interested in the MA Christianity and Society?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application