Program and courses Christianity and Society
Analyze and reflect on current theological and societal issues in these multidisciplinary contexts, by high-level philosophical questioning, debating and writing clear academic papers.
This one-year program consists of 60 credits (ECTS), of which:
- 7 courses (42 ECTS)
- Master’s thesis, including seminar (18 ECTS)
You can only start end of August.
Master's thesis, including seminar
Extend your master with an internship
After the one-year program in Christianity and Society, there is the opportunity to extend your master's degree by half a year, to fulfill an internship at a relevant institution or organization. You then choose for the 'Extended Master’s Program'. During your internship you will be well supported by Tilburg University, with supervision and return meetings. This Extended Master offers you the opportunity to gain relevant work experience and to build a network of contacts for the rest of your career.
Christianity and Society in short
- Taught by theologians, sociologists, economists, law specialists, and philosophers.
- Small classes (on average 5-10 students) with a lot of individual attention and personal contact with fellow students and teachers.
- International classroom with students from various countries, religions, and academic backgrounds, ensuring a lively and balanced dialogue.
- Lower tuition fees than other Master’s programs at Tilburg University. Moreover, partial scholarships are available to encourage students from all economic backgrounds to participate in this graduate program.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the MA Christianity and Society?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application
Related Master’s programs:
- Theologie (in Dutch)
- Universitaire Lerarenopleiding Godsdienst en Levensbeschouwing ( in Dutch)