Become an expert on the relationship between brain and behavior. Cognitive Neuropsychology operates on the crossroads of various psychological disciplines, such as clinical (neuro)psychology, cognitive neuroscience, and applied neuroscience. Cognitive Neuropsychologists find employment in the broad domain of (mental) health services, schools and companies. This program is a track of the MSc Psychology and Mental Health.
The Shanghai Global Rankings of Academic Subjects, 2020
Program and courses
Focus on the relationship between the brain and behavior in humans.
- Disorders that are addressed include epilepsy, autism, ADHD, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, cerebrovascular diseases, and brain tumors. Emphasis throughout the program is on the biological origins and the brain mechanisms underlying these disorders.
- You will acquire in-depth knowledge and skills on both the assessment of these disorders, and on interventions aimed at treating them.
- Opportunities to do an external or internal internship, acquire the basic registration of psychodiagnostics (BAPD), and to fulfill the criteria for the registration of the association LOGO (Vereniging Landelijk Overleg Geestelijke Gezondheidszorg Opleidingsinstellingen). The internal internship concerns assessment by means of neuroscience methods, such as EEG.
- Learn to conduct independent research in the field of cognitive neuropsychology using state-of-the-art neuroscientific methods.
Typical courses are:
- Developmental Neuropsychology
- Neuropsychology of Aging
- Assessment for Cognitive Neuropsychology
- Interventions for Cognitive Neuropsychology
Cognitive Neuropsychologists can be employed in the broad domain of mental health services, politics and schools.
- In mental health care institutions you will pay attention to patients in the acute (hospital) stage, and in the later, chronic phases, which are inflicted with disorders and diseases like stroke, brain tumors or traumatic brain injury.
- Another part in mental healthcare consist of disorders that are not commonly treated in hospitals but rather in the generalistic basic healthcare. Your expertise as a cognitive psychologist will bridge the gap between clinical psychologists and psychiatrists.
Application and admission
This Master's program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
Tuition fees and scholarships
- The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a master's degree from a Dutch university.
- Excellent non-EU/EEA students will be granted a tuition fee waiver up to the EU/EEA fee.
Interested in this Master's track?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Unfortunately, we cannot organize any on-campus events at the moment. To help you as much as possible with your study choice, we offer online alternatives.
09:00 - 17:00
Online Master's Open day
Which Master do you think is interesting? Do you want to know which Master suits you? Then sign up for the Online Master's Open day on Saturday, March 13.
10:00 - 11:00
Tilburg University Today Live Webinars for Master's programs
The Tilburg University Today Live Webinar is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, Tilburg University and our offer of international Master's programs.
Interested in the MSc track Cognitive Neuropsychology?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application