Cross-Cultural Economic Psychology (Double degree)
Get the best of two outstanding universities and graduate with two degrees: the MSc in Psychology from the University of Osnabrück, with a specialization in Cross-Cultural Psychology, and the MSc in Social Psychology from Tilburg University, with a specialization in either Economic Psychology or Work and Organizational Psychology.
Education and COVID-19
All education takes place on campus again, now that the coronavirus measures have been scaled back. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. Therefore, a few basic measures still apply. For the latest updates on the COVID-19 situation, see our FAQs for prospective students.
National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n=13
one from Tilburg University and one from Osnabrück University
Program and courses
At Osnabrück University you will study the similarities and differences in behavior among individuals of different cultures. At Tilburg University you will either learn to understand and apply psychological and economic insights to understand consumer behavior, financial decision-making, and marketing. Or study the psychological aspects of work processes, organizations, and employee and diversity management.
- Graduate with two full Master’s degrees from two outstanding universities
- Get the ultimate international experience by studying in both Germany and the Netherlands
- You only write one Master's thesis
- Combine the Cross-Cultural Economic Psychology track at Osnabrück with one of two tracks offered by Tilburg University:
Typical courses are:
- Methods of Cross-Cultural Business Psychology
- Intercultural Competencies
- Intercultural Management
- Leadership and Organization (Track: Work and Organizational Psychology)
- Money and Financial Behavior (Track: Economic Psychology)
Anna DittmanMaster's student
"I was positively surprised by how well these two Masters go together. Together they enriched my knowledge and practical experience, thanks to the guest lectures and case studies from real companies.”
Anna WiegandMaster's student
"The teachers are passionate about their subjects and sparked my curiosity about several topics, it made me realize there are many fields you can work in with this specialization."
Work in academic level positions in research, communication, policy, consulting, human development, and organization development in private, semi-private or governmental organizations. Conduct theoretical and applied research to advance academic knowledge in the areas of social, economic and work and organizational psychology. Contribute to a variety of applied fields, by developing tools and interventions to solve practical problems in the areas of social, economic and work and organizational psychology. Research the effectiveness of these tools and interventions.
Some examples of our graduates’ starter positions:
- Financial Economic Crime Coordinator at Rabobank
- Hair Brand Building Marketing Advisor at Unilever
- Market Researcher at market research agency Ruigrok Netpanel
- Human Resource Manager at KPN
- Staff Consultant at Utrecht University
- Research Advisor at Driessen HRM
- 3,6 months on average until first paid job
- 86% is (very) satisfied with the Master's program
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2,235
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n = 13 (Social Psychology, all tracks)
Admission and application
This program starts:
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor in (social) Psychology
Tuition fees and scholarships
International students, please find all information about the tuition fees and the scholarships available.
Interested in this Master's program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
Interested in the Double degree in Cross-Cultural Economic Psychology?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application