Master's programs in Culture Studies
The Master's program in Culture Studies consists of five specialized tracks to offer multiple perspectives on cultural and societal changes due to digitalization and globalization.
Choose between 3 specialized tracks
Follow the link of the Master's specializations to find out more about the program and the career perspectives after graduation.
Study the sociological, cultural, ethical, and physical consequences of constantly being ‘online’. Investigate how this influences our experiences and perceptions of the world, and the forms of knowledge and communication that we develop. Specialize by choosing one of the three offered majors: Art, Media and Society, Global Communication, and Ritual in Society.
Jeugdliteratuur (in Dutch)
Children's Literature (Jeugdliteratuur) is a Dutch track which reflects on actual debates in the (international) children’s literature and the societal changes from the perspective of relevant theoretical concepts, such as ‘child image’ and adaptation.
Management of Cultural Diversity
Management of Cultural Diversity is an English track about cultural diversity in order to constrain risks and seize opportunities within an organization or within societal fields such as education, healthcare, labor market, art and culture.
Why Culture Studies in Tilburg?
Within the Master's program in Culture Studies, the following aspects of art and culture are central themes:
- The different types of cultural expressions in the form of literature, art, motion pictures and popular music.
- The business side of culture, such as consumer behavior, culture participation and culture policy.
- Recent developments in the field of culture in the form of multiculturalism and digitalization.
Download a personalized brochure, with information on:
- Program content and admission requirements
- Housing, immigration matters, student life in Tilburg
- An impression of the career prospects