Career prospects Data Science and Society
As a graduate of the Data Science and Society Master, you approach data scientific problems and questions with curiosity, creativity, and in an analytical manner. With your attitude, knowledge and skills you have the ability to create data driven solutions that are relevant for the society, businesses and organizations.
Knowledge and skills
Gain knowledge and skills in:
- Data science methodology: the data science workflow, clustering techniques, data wrangling, data mining, machine learning, data visualization and the accompanying programming languages and libraries.
- Business analytics: descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytic techniques.
- Governance and Law: laws and regulations relevant for data-driven businesses, principles of responsible innovation, and the relation between law and ethics.
- Communication: how to communicate with professionals in the field of data science, as well as non-specialists.
- Identify substantive research questions that can be addressed using specific large datasets.
- Reflect on the use of computational, programming, and software techniques for data science research.
- Apply analytic techniques for problem solving and decision making in fields such as logistics and marketing.
- Carry out application-oriented data mining experiments to support decision making and create value for data-driven businesses.
- Translate complex and/or extensive practical requirements (for instance, those of a commercial or governmental organization) into a work plan for developing, improving, or extending a data science solution.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Data Analyst at Eneco Holding N.V.
- Business Intelligence Analyst at Houthoff Buruma
- IT specialist at Brunel
- Marketing Science Analyst at KLM
- Statistisch onderzoeker at Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek
- Consultant Data Analytics at Verdonck, Klooster & Associates
- Data Scientist at ABN AMRO Bank N.V.
- PhD Candidate at Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Business and Integration Analyst at Accenture
- Data Science & Business Intelligence Consultant at Incentro
- Business Analyst (Tech Consulting) at Deloitte
- Policy Researcher/ Data Scientist at Gemeente Den Haag
- Consultant at Capgemini Nederland B.V.
- Rijks ICT Trainee at Ministerie van Economische Zaken
Interested in the MSc Data Science and Society?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application