Career prospects Digital Culture Studies
We educate you to become a critical evaluator, competent analyst and innovative contributor in the field of digital culture, in practice as well as with respects to its theoretical and methodological frameworks.
Knowledge and skills
Besides knowledge of theories and research methods relevant for studying culture in the online-offline nexus, you will gain knowledge of a huge variety of sources representing issues in digital culture studies, as well as an understanding of digital infrastructures and knowledge production.
You will also (further) develop your communication and online publishing skills, such as mastering various writing styles.
This set of knowledge and skills is valuable in research jobs as well as jobs such as communication specialist, journalist / columnist, web editor, or digitalization expert.
Recent placements include:
- Information manager and consultant at Veiligheidsregio Midden- en West-Brabant
- Media coordinator at Universidad de Monterrey
- Digital media manager at XPAT.NL
- Communications consultant at Future Communication
- Online Marketer at Imbull
- Average time between graduation and first paid job is 3.6 months
- 83% of our alumni find a job within 6 months after graduation, and 59% within 2 months
- 80% of the alumni would choose the same program at our university again
Source: Alumni of Culture Studies (all tracks), National Alumni Survey, 2016-2018 | n = 46
Become a teacher
Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge with others? If you are a Dutch graduate, you have the possibility to follow a one-year educational post-master to become a teacher in Dutch after finishing your Master’s program in Digital Culture Studies. Please note that you will probably need to follow extra courses to fully meet the admissions requirements of this post-master.
After your master's
Your transition to the labor market
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
Interested in the Digital Culture Studies track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application.