Program and courses Digital Culture Studies
The impact of digital technologies on contemporary sociocultural life remains somewhat underexposed. Today’s society needs new theoretical and methodological tools to address new online-offline realities. Following Digital Culture Studies you will review existing research frameworks and propose new conceptual and analytical tools to study the many different cultural phenomena of the 21st century.
This one-year track MA Digital Culture Studies consists of 60 ECTS:
- 4 core courses (24 ECTS)
- 2 elective courses (12 ECTS)
- 2 research skills courses (6 ECTS)
- 1 thesis seminar (3 ECTS)
- Master’s thesis (15 ECTS)
This program starts at the end of August.
Research skills courses
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Please Note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in Osiris Student at the start of the year.
Short overview of Digital Culture Studies
- Research concrete digital-cultural practices from within a broad interdisciplinary social-theoretical field and with an outspoken empirical emphasis.
- Learn all about social, cultural and political transformation of contemporary societies and investigate the influence of digitalization on social life.
- Become aware of inclusionary and exclusionary effects in contemporary digital culture, and their impact on social structure.
- Develop practical skills such as writing, analyzing and interpreting texts and images, critical reflection on societal issues, and participating in public debate.
- Turn academic content into publications that are accessible to a wider public through Diggit Magazine, both a learning instrument and an online news platform focusing on digital culture, globalization, and arts.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the Digital Culture Studies track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application.