Econometrics and Mathematical Economics
Become an expert economist, policy advisor or consultant with strong quantitative skills. Learn the latest modelling techniques in economics, econometrics, statistics, and big data methods to solve actual challenges such as: choosing the best economic policy, designing labor markets and capital investments, regulating competition, and recommending strategic behavior for firms and consumers.
National Student Survey, 2018 | n=16
Times Higher Education Ranking, 2019
National Alumni Survey, 2018 | n=23
Program and courses
The program focuses on the mathematical and quantitative analysis of economic problems.
- MSc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics is one of the programs with great career perspectives.
- Taught by leading international scholars from the world-renowned research institute CentER.
- Large amount of elective courses to customize your degree. For instance, you can specialize in pensions and the aging society. In the Netspar Honors Program you learn how economic theories and models can be applied to create solutions for problems related to aging.
- In the first semester of the regular program, ambitious students can also apply for the following advanced programs:
* The Extended Master, which adds a half year traineeship to the regular Master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds a full year to the regular Master's program which you will spend at a QTEM partner university and a corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
- Panel Data Analysis of Microeconomic Decisions
- Time Series and its Applications
- Data Science Methods
- Dynamic Economic Models
Upon graduating you will have obtained the following title (as stated on your diploma): Master of Science. With a Master's in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics you have obtained an internationally-recognized degree and are able to pursue a career in a wide range of different organizations, such as government institutions, banks, insurance companies and research departments of large companies.
Graduates work or started for example as:
- Consultant Data Analytics at Deloitte
- Market Risk Analyst at ING
- Business Analyst at Royal Dutch Shell
- The gross monthly income per month of graduates in the first year after graduation: €3.363
- 97% of our alumni consider the program a good starting point for their career.
- 93% of our alumni would recommend the program to friends and colleagues
- 97% of our alumni is (very) satisfied with the program
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2018 (based on an average of our three econometric Master’s programs combined: Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science, and Business Analytics and Operations Research) | n=23
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
At the end of August and at the end of January
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor's degree in Econometrics or a similar qualification.
Only open to Research University students, not for students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us with your personal queries. You can contact us through the blue button on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Virtual Open Week Bachelor's and Master's Programs: September 30 - October 4
Experience our international programs without having to leave the comfort of your home. The Virtual Open Week will offer topic-specific online information sessions - including information on studying in Holland, living in Tilburg and studying at Tilburg University - as well as live chat and a Q&A.
10:00 - 14:45
Open Day Master's programs
The Open Day for Master's programs is on Saturday November 16, 2019. Get acquainted with our English taught Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere on our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the MSc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application