Econometrics and Mathematical Economics
Become an expert economist, policy advisor or consultant with strong quantitative skills. Learn the newest modelling techniques in economics, econometrics, statistics, and big data methods to solve real-world challenges such as: choosing the best economic policy, designing labor markets and capital investments, regulating competition, and recommending strategic behavior for firms and consumers.
National Student Survey, 2017 | n=9
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=25
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=25
Program and courses
The program focuses on the mathematical and quantitative analysis of economic problems.
- Econometrics and Mathematical Economics belongs to the programs with the best career perspectives.
- Taught by leading international scholars from the world-renowned research institute CentER.
- Large amount of elective courses to customize your degree. You can also choose to specialize in pensions and an aging society. In the Pensions, Aging and Retirement track you learn how economic theories and models can be applied to create solutions for problems related to aging.
- In the first semester of the regular program, you can also apply for the following on top of programs:
* The Extended Master, which adds a traineeship of half a year to the regular Master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
- Panel Data Analysis of Microeconomic Decisions
- Time Series and its Applications
- Data Science Methods
- Dynamic Economic Models
With a Master of Science in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics you are awarded an internationally-recognized degree, qualified to pursue a career in a range of different organizations, such as government institutions, banks, insurance companies and research departments of large companies.
Graduates work or started for example as:
- Consultant Data Analytics at Deloitte
- Market Risk Analyst at ING
- Business Analyst at Royal Dutch Shell
- Number of months until first paid job: 1.1
- Finds a job within 3 months after graduation: 92%
- Finds a job within 1 month after graduation: 76%
- The gross monthly income per month of graduates in the first year after graduation: €3.226
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 (based on an average of our three econometric Master’s programs combined: Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science, and Business Analytics and Operations Research) | n=25
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor's degree in Econometrics or a similar qualification.
Only available for Research University students, not for students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees academic year 2018-2019
|€ 2,060*||€ 14,500|
* The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a Master's degree from a Dutch university. More information about the tuition fees and scholarships available for international students.
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice! You can follow a trial lecture from November 1st until December 31st 2018.
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 17 November 2018 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the MSc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application