Econometrics and Mathematical Economics
Become an expert economist, policy advisor or consultant with strong quantitative skills. Learn the latest modelling techniques in economics, econometrics, statistics, and big data methods to solve actual challenges such as: choosing the best economic policy, designing labor markets and capital investments, regulating competition, and recommending strategic behavior for firms and consumers.
US News Best Global Universities, 2023
from all around the world
Education and COVID-19
All education takes place on campus again, now that the coronavirus measures have been scaled back. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. Therefore, a few basic measures still apply. For the latest updates on the COVID-19 situation, see our FAQs for prospective students.
Program and courses
The program focuses on the mathematical and quantitative analysis of economic problems.
- MSc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics is one of the programs with great career perspectives.
- Taught by leading international scholars from the world-renowned research institute CentER, who provide a strong connection to practice.
- Large amount of elective courses to customize your degree.
- In the first semester of the regular program, ambitious students can also apply for the following advanced programs:
* The Extended Master's Program, which adds a half year traineeship to the regular Master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds a full year to the regular Master's program which you will spend at a QTEM partner university and a corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
- Panel Data Analysis of Microeconomic Decisions
- Time Series and their Applications
- Data Science Methods
- Dynamic Economic Models
Upon graduating you will have obtained the following title (as stated on your diploma): Master of Science. With a Master's in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics you have obtained an internationally-recognized degree and are able to pursue a career in a wide range of different organizations, such as government institutions, banks, insurance companies and research departments of large companies.
Graduates work or started for example as:
- Consultant Data Analytics at Deloitte
- Market Risk Analyst at ING
- Business Analyst at Royal Dutch Shell
- The gross monthly income per month of graduates in the first year after graduation: €4,170
- 86% of our alumni consider the program a good starting point for their career
- 100% of our alumni is (very) satisfied with the program.
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n=7
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
At the end of August and at the end of January
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor's degree in Econometrics or a similar qualification.
Only open to Research University students, not for students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
International students, please find all information about the tuition fees and the scholarships available.
Interested in this Master's program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
Interested in the MSc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application