Career prospects Econometrics and Mathematical Economics
As a graduate of the MSc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, you have obtained an internationally-recognized degree, and are fully qualified to pursue a career in a wide range of different organizations: from financial institutions and large multinationals, to infrastructure companies, high tech startups, and different levels of government.
The program is one of the programs with great career perspectives. Graduates easily find jobs, often before graduation, and have one of the highest starting salaries in the field of Economics and Management.
Recent placements include:
- Economist at the Central Planning Bureau Netherlands
- Validation Analyst at AXA Bank Europe
- SAP Technology Consultant at Capgemini
- Consultant Data Analytics at Deloitte
- Market Risk Analyst at ING Groep
- Consultant at Quintiq
- Tracemanager at ProRail
- Management Trainee at ORMIT
- Risk Manager at AEGON
- Data scientist at Blue Mango Interactive
- Junior Consultant Business Analytics at ORTEC
- Business Analyst at Shell
- The gross monthly income per month of graduates in the first year after graduation: €3,498
- 100% of our alumni consider the program a good starting point for their career, of which 93% to a (very) large extent
- 100% of our alumni is (very) satisfied with the program.
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2020 (based on an average of our three econometric Master’s programs combined: Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science, and Business Analytics and Operations Research) | n=14
After your Master's
Your transition to the labor market
We help you prepare for your transition to the labor market by offering a number of career services:
Coaching, support and training courses offered by our Student Career Services to improve your employability and communication skills.
Dedicated Career Services Officers who can give you individual career guidance or help you to find interesting and relevant internships.
Familiarize yourself with the labor market and meet potential employers by participating in several career events, which are organized every year in collaboration with the study associations.
To those who wish to discover and develop their entrepreneurial talent, we offer education and support services.
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
After obtaining a Master’s degree in the Netherlands, non-EEA students can apply for a residence permit under the Orientation Year for Highly Educated Persons’ scheme. This allows you to spend a period of up to twelve months in the Netherlands to find employment.
Interested in the MSc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application