Become an expert in economic behavior and consumer psychology, and learn to make decisions related to marketing, financial behavior, and communication. You will learn how companies, non-profits, and governments can use theories of economic and psychological reasoning to understand and influence consumer decisions and financial behaviors. This is a track of MSc Social Psychology.
On Campus if we can | Online because we can
National Student Survey 2018 | n=20
National Alumni Survey 2017 | n=11
Programs and courses
Learn to understand and apply psychological and economic insights to understand consumer behavior, financial decision-making, and marketing.
- Specialist in Economic Psychology since 1972.
- International setting with small groups and a lot of interaction.
- Courses and supervision are done by a team of international, young, and enthusiastic researchers.
- Internship (12 or 18 ECTS) in an organization chosen by you.
- The program focuses on the critical and valid application of theory in practice, with an emphasis on how economic psychology can be applied to companies, non-profits, and policy making.
Typical courses are:
- The Psychology of Economics
- Money and Financial Behavior
- Psychology and Marketing
- Consumer Analytics Using Big Data
Daisy LakeMaster's student
"I have chosen this master to learn more about the behavior of young professionals and entrepreneurs in relation to dealing with finances."
Odi SchepersMaster's student
"During the courses I have learned to combine psychological and economic insights in consumer behavior to get a realistic view of people's financial decision making processes. During my internship at Frisse Blikken in Utrecht, I learn how to apply this knowledge about financial decision making into the field of marketing, branding and social media strategy."
Ivo BrouwerMaster's student
"During the program I’m doing two internships at two different organizations, in order to get as much (work)experience as possible."
Prepare for both academic and practical careers in the fields of economic psychology, consumer behavior, marketing, communication, policy, consulting, or research.
- Alumni are often employed by management consultancies, and trade unions as well as in the consumer products industry and at market research institutes.
- Our graduates have been hired at Philips, GfK, Accenture, Rabobank, Bol.com, Nationale Nederlanden, Booking.com, research universities and schools of applied sciences, KPN, Blauw Research, Interpolis, and the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration.
Example positions of graduates:
- Financial Economic Crime Coordinator at Rabobank
- Hair Brand Building Marketing Advisor at Unilever
- Market Researcher at market research agency Ruigrok Netpanel
- Average number of months until first paid job: 4
- Finds a job within 6 months after graduation: 70%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2.051
- Would choose the same master’s program again, at the same university: 82%
Source: National Alumni Survey 2017 | n = 11
Application and admission
This master's track starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor in (Social) Psychology
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this master's track?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
In accordance with the guidelines of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), all on-campus events until September 1 will not take place. To help you choose your Master’s program as best as we can, you can replay the sessions of our Online Master's Open day and participate in an online Q&A session for the program(s) you are interested in.
Interested in the MSc Economic Psychology?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application
Related master's programs
Obtain two master degrees and international experience by following one of our three double degree programs
- Applied Social Psychology (Double degree)
- Cross-Cultural Economic Psychology (Double degree)
- Economic Psychology: Wroclaw-Tilburg (Double degree)
Other related programs: