Become an expert in economic behavior and consumer psychology to build marketing, financial, and communication decisions on. Apply economic and psychological reasoning theories to understand and influence the consumer, consumption, and financial behaviors.
National Student Survey, 2017 | n=28
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=20
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=20
Programs and courses
Learn to understand and apply social and psychological insights to economic behavior, such as consumer behavior, financial decision-making, and marketing.
- Specialist in Economic Psychology since 1972.
- Small, interactive, international setting.
- Lectures by internationally renowned scholars from dynamic research institutes like TIBER and Netspar.
Expand your knowledge and skills even further
By following one of the double degrees available:
- Double degree in Applied Social Psychology at Tilburg University and Higher School of Economics (Moscow, Russia)
- Double degree in Cross-Cultural Economic Psychology at Tilburg University and University of Osnabrück (Osnabrück, Germany)
Typical courses are:
- The Psychology of Economics
- Psychology and Marketing
- Money and Financial Behavior
- The Psychology of Negotiation
Prepare for both academic and practical careers in the fields of economic psychology, consumer behavior, marketing, communication, policy, consulting, or research.
- Alumni are often employed by management consultancies, and trade unions as well as in the consumer products industry and at market research institutes.
- Organizations where our graduates landed jobs include Philips, GfK, Accenture, Rabobank, Bol.com, Nationale Nederlanden, research universities and schools of applied sciences, KPN, Blauw Research, Interpolis, and the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration.
Graduates started or work for example as:
- Financial Economic Crime Coordinator at Rabobank
- Hair Brand Building Marketing Advisor at Unilever
- Market Researcher at market research agency Ruigrok Netpanel
- Average number of months until first paid job: 4
- Finds a job within 6 months after graduation: 65%
- Gross monthly income: € 2.048
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n = 20
Application and admission
This Master's program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor in (Social) Psychology
Tuition fees academic year 2018-2019
|€ 2,060*||€ 14,500|
* The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a Master's degree from a Dutch university. More information about the tuition fees and scholarships available for international students.
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice! You can follow a trial lecture from November 1st until December 31st 2018.
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 17 November 2018 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs and Research Masters, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the MSc Economic Psychology?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application