Become an expert in economic behavior and consumer psychology to make marketing, financial, and communication decisions. Apply economic and psychological reasoning theories to understand and influence the consumer, consumption, and financial behaviors. This is a track of MSc Social Psychology.
National Student Survey 2018 | n=20
National Alumni Survey 2017 | n=11
Times Higher Education Subject Ranking, 2019
Programs and courses
Learn to understand and apply social and psychological insights to economic behavior, such as consumer behavior, financial decision-making, and marketing.
- Specialist in Economic Psychology since 1972.
- Small, interactive, international setting.
- Lectures by internationally renowned scholars from dynamic research institutes like TIBER and Netspar.
- This is a track of MSc Social Psychology. You specialize by following one of its tracks.
Expand your knowledge and skills even further
By following one of these double degrees available:
- Double degree in Applied Social Psychology at Tilburg University and Higher School of Economics (Moscow, Russia)
- Double degree in Cross-Cultural Economic Psychology at Tilburg University and University of Osnabrück (Osnabrück, Germany)
Typical courses are:
- The Psychology of Economics
- Psychology and Marketing
- Money and Financial Behavior
- The Psychology of Negotiation
- Advanced Consumer Science
Ask us your questions
Daisy LakeMaster's student
"I have chosen this master to learn more about the behavior of young professionals and entrepreneurs in relation to dealing with finances."
Ivo BrouwerMaster's student
"During the program I’m doing two internships at two different organizations, in order to get as much (work)experience as possible."
Prepare for both academic and practical careers in the fields of economic psychology, consumer behavior, marketing, communication, policy, consulting, or research.
- Alumni are often employed by management consultancies, and trade unions as well as in the consumer products industry and at market research institutes.
- Organizations where our graduates landed jobs include Philips, GfK, Accenture, Rabobank, Bol.com, Nationale Nederlanden, research universities and schools of applied sciences, KPN, Blauw Research, Interpolis, and the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration.
Graduates started or work for example as:
- Financial Economic Crime Coordinator at Rabobank
- Hair Brand Building Marketing Advisor at Unilever
- Market Researcher at market research agency Ruigrok Netpanel
- Average number of months until first paid job: 4
- Finds a job within 6 months after graduation: 70%
- Employer requires a Master of Science degree: 63%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2.051
- Would choose the same master’s program again, at the same university: 82%
- Will recommend the study to friends, family or colleagues: 72%
Source: National Alumni Survey 2017 | n = 11
Application and admission
This Master's track starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor in (Social) Psychology
Not available. The following Master Programs do offer a Pre-master's program for students from universities of applied sciences (HBO): Sociology, Human Resource Studies, Organization Studies, Marketing Management, Marketing Analytics and Communication and Information Sciences.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's track?
Please feel free to contact us with your personal queries. You can contact us through the blue button on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one or more Master's programs and do you want to experience what it is like to follow this program(s) at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture! You can follow a regular lecture of the Master's program(s) of your choice in November and December, 2019.
10:00 - 14:45
Open Day Master's programs
The Open Day for Master's programs is on Saturday November 16, 2019. Get acquainted with our English taught Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere on our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the MSc Economic Psychology?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application