Career prospects Economic Psychology
As a graduate you can work in academic level positions in research, communication, marketing, financial services, advertising, policy and consulting in private, semi-private, or governmental organizations.
Knowledge and skills
After completing the Master’s program in Economic Psychology you will be able to conduct theoretical and applied research in the areas of social and economic psychology. You will also be able to develop tools and interventions to solve practical problems and study their effectiveness. Do you want to know more about how our graduates apply their knowledge and skills in the field? Read this interview with Quint Zieltjens, brand manager at McDonald's, the Netherlands.
Recent placements include:
- Research Scientist at Cito
- Director Marketing & Business Innovation Europe
- Android Developer at Blendle
- Global Digital Marketing and Media Manager at Chiquita
- Adviseur Arbeidsmobiliteit Rijksoverheid
- Category Manager at Unilever
- Marketing Communications Expert
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions Nederland BV
Typical starting positions after graduation:
- Marketing Advisor
- Marketing Researcher
- Project Manager
- Policy Advisor
- On average 5 months until first paid job
- 73% of graduates find a job within 6 months after graduation
- Employer requires a Master of Science degree: 14%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2,449
National Alumni Survey - Master Social Psychology, 2020 | n = 15
After your Master's
Your transition to the labor market
We help you prepare for your transition to the labor market by offering a number of career services:
Coaching, support and training courses offered by our Student Career Services to improve your employability and communication skills.
Dedicated Career Services Officers who can give you individual career guidance or help you to find interesting and relevant internships.
Familiarize yourself with the labor market and meet potential employers by participating in several career events, which are organized every year in collaboration with the study associations.
To those who wish to discover and develop their entrepreneurial talent, we offer education and support services.
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
After obtaining a Master’s degree in the Netherlands, non-EEA students can apply for a residence permit under the Orientation Year for Highly Educated Persons’ scheme. This allows you to spend a period of up to twelve months in the Netherlands to find employment.
Interested in the MSc Economic Psychology?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application