Economics: Public Policy track
Address urgent domestic public policy objectives, ranging from reduced income inequality and job security, to an affordable health care and pension system. Upon graduation you are an economic expert on how governments can achieve such critical goals, design effective solutions, and finance these activities.
Times Higher Education Ranking, 2017
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=18
Shanghai Ranking, 2017
Program and courses
Learn how public policies and tax schemes can be designed to create the right incentives and nudges to make urgent societal goals within reach.
- Experience what it means to be policy advisor in national governments and international organizations.
- Great diversity in nationalities, with about 50% international fellow students.
Typical courses are:
- Labor Economics
- Taxation and Health Economics
Economics and Psychology of Social Norms and Strategic Behavior
With a specialization in Public Policy, you can apply economic theories and models to urgent domestic policy objectives; advising governments on how to achieve, design and finance these goals. These skills are tailored for a career as policy advisor in national governments or international organizations such as the EU; researcher in applied research institutes, or consultant within nationally or internationally oriented consultancy firms.
Graduates work or started for example as:
- Policy Advisor at the Ministry of Finance
- Statistical Analyst at De Nederlandsche Bank
- Doctoral student at the University of Oxford
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2
- Finds a job within 3 months after graduation: 82%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: €2,542
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=16
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
A Bachelor’s degree in Economics or in a similar program (e.g., in Econometrics)
Only available for Research University students, not for students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees academic year 2018-2019
|€ 2,060*||€ 14,500|
* The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a Master's degree from a Dutch university. More information about the tuition fees and scholarships available for international students.
Interested in this Master’s program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice! You can follow a trial lecture from November 1st until December 31st 2018.
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 17 November 2018 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the MSc Economics?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application