Economics: Sustainability and Growth track
Analyze the sources of economic growth in a country or region, the barriers to growth and development they face, and their possible negative environmental consequences. Upon graduation you have become trained to evaluate and write policies and strategies towards economic development and sustainable resource use.
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=18
National Alumni Survey 2016 | n=16
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | N=16
Program and courses
Evaluate people’s willingness to pay for environmental improvements, measure the effectiveness of structural reform policies, and write policy proposals regarding inequality and growth, educational policies, and innovation strategies.
- Gain an understanding of how markets function, when they fail and how various markets are interrelated, which is essential in companies' strategic decision process as well as in solving social economic and development problems.
- Great diversity in nationalities, with about 50% international fellow students.
Typical courses are:
- Growth and Regional Development
- Environmental and Resource Economics
- Innovation and Networks
With a specialization in sustainability and growth you are trained to evaluate and write policies and firm strategies towards development and sustainable resource use. These skills are tailored for a career in international organizations, national governments, non-governmental organizations, or internationally oriented consultancy firms.
Graduates work or started for example as:
- Consultant at The World Bank
- Credit Risk Analyst at FMO
- Financial-Economic Policy Advisor at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2
- Finds a job within 6 months after graduation: 94%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: €2,542
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=16
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics or in a similar program (e.g., in Econometrics)
- Please note: Students with a Dutch hbo Bachelor’s degree are not eligible to apply for this program.
Only available for Research University students, not for students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees academic year 2018-2019
|€ 2,060*||€ 14,500|
* The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a Master's degree from a Dutch university. More information about the tuition fees and scholarships available for international students.
Interested in this Master’s program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice! You can follow a trial lecture from November 1st until December 31st 2018.
Interested in the MSc Economics?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application