Career prospects Economics
A Master's degree in Economics gives you a competitive advantage in any career that requires sound economic knowledge, strong economic intuition, and sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
Recent placements include:
- Business Data Analyst at ABN AMRO Bank
- Pensions Strategist at APG
- Economist at Bank of England
- Advisor at Bank of Portugal
- Economist at Central Bank of Malta
- Business Analyst at Deloitte
- Trade Finance Officer at ICBC
- Junior Analyst at National Bank of Hungary
- Consultant at The World Bank
- PhD student at Trinity College Dublin
- Financial Business Analyst at Unilever
- Most graduates found a job in financial services, trade, transport, at universities or with the government.
- 43% works abroad.
- 87% has a permanent job contract or expects to get tenure soon.
- Gross average monthly income 1.5 years after graduation: €3,047
- 92% is (very) satisfied with the master's program.
- 88% agrees to a (very) large extent that the program constitutes a good starting point for further knowledge/skills development.
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2019 | n=24
Number 1 interest from employers
Graduates can count on great interest from employers. Research from career platform Magnet.me shows that graduates of the Master's program in Economics at Tilburg University are most approached by employers on their platform in 2020. The program is at the top of their list! (in Dutch)
Robin ArgueyrollesGraduate MSc Economics
"During this program I have mastered the essential technical knowledge to understand and perform the tasks given to me as an intern at the United Nations Environmental Program (UNEP). Having sharpened my critical thinking during the various courses of the program, I have gained the ability to go beyond what was asked of me and perform above the given expectations. The program has also helped me becoming more flexible, allowing me to gain new knowledge and adapt to new situation faster. It is without a doubt in my mind that I would not have been accepted for this position or would be performing as well, if not for this Master's program in Economics."
After your Master's
Your transition to the labor market
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
Interested in the MSc Economics?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application