Career prospects Economics
A Master's degree in Economics gives you a competitive advantage in any career that requires sound economic knowledge, strong economic intuition, and sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
Recent placements include:
- Business Data Analyst at ABN AMRO Bank
- Pensions Strategist at APG
- Economist at Bank of England
- Advisor at Bank of Portugal
- Economist at Central Bank of Malta
- Business Analyst at Deloitte
- Trade Finance Officer at ICBC
- Junior Analyst at National Bank of Hungary
- Consultant at The World Bank
- PhD student at Trinity College Dublin
- Financial Business Analyst at Unilever
- 100% are (very) satisfied with the Master's program
- 95% would recommend the program to friends, family and colleagues
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2,645
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021| n=21
Robin ArgueyrollesGraduate MSc Economics
"During this program I have mastered the essential technical knowledge to understand and perform the tasks given to me as an intern at the United Nations Environmental Program (UNEP). Having sharpened my critical thinking during the various courses of the program, I have gained the ability to go beyond what was asked of me and perform above the given expectations. The program has also helped me becoming more flexible, allowing me to gain new knowledge and adapt to new situation faster. It is without a doubt in my mind that I would not have been accepted for this position or would be performing as well, if not for this Master's program in Economics."
After your Master's
Your transition to the labor market
We help you prepare for your transition to the labor market by offering a number of career services:
Coaching, support and training courses offered by our Student Career Services to improve your employability and communication skills.
Dedicated Career Services Officers who can give you individual career guidance or help you to find interesting and relevant internships.
Familiarize yourself with the labor market and meet potential employers by participating in several career events, which are organized every year in collaboration with the study associations.
To those who wish to discover and develop their entrepreneurial talent, we offer education and support services.
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
After obtaining a Master’s degree in the Netherlands, non-EEA students can apply for a residence permit under the Orientation Year for Highly Educated Persons’ scheme. This allows you to spend a period of up to twelve months in the Netherlands to find employment.
Interested in the MSc Economics?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application