LLM European Union Law track
Learn to deal with the interplay between national and European Union Law, focusing on the manifold ways in which the laws emanating from the European Union and other European organizations influence the legal developments within national states.
Social Science Research Network Ranking (SSRN, August 2018)
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n = 14
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n = 14
Program and courses
- Explore the constitutional, institutional and economic foundations of EU law with the guidance of international researchers and experts in these field at a university in close proximity to two of Europe’s most important legal and political centers: Brussels and The Hague.
- Small class sizes and interactive teaching methods in an international classroom.
Typical courses are:
- The EU and the Courts
- Crisis and EU Law
- European Competition Law
- Internal Market Law
Tim van HelfterenMaster's student
"There are many opportunities to explore positions you can apply for after you finish your studies. There are guest lectures, and there are extracurricular career talks where you can get in contact with EU law practitioners."
Anke RaijmakersMaster's student
"I was positively surprised by how much the professors are engaged with the students."
As a Master of Laws with a specialization in European Union Law, you are well prepared for a career as a lawyer at a national and/or international law firm, the European public administration, in diplomaticy, European and international courts, multinational enterprises, and advocacy.
Graduates started for example as:
- Policy Officer at the European Commission
- Attorney-at-Law at Loyens and Loeff
- PhD researcher at Tilburg University
- Average number of months until first paid job: 4
- Employer requires an academic Master’s degree: 59%
- Gross monthly income of our graduates in the first year: € 2,266,-
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n = 163
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
- A Bachelor’s (= undergraduate) degree in Law (including Global Law)
- A Bachelor’s (= undergraduate) degree in European Studies
Available, but only in Dutch and for students with a HBO Recht Bachelor’s degree. The one-year Pre-Master’s program (63 ECTS) starts end of August.
Tuition fees academic year 2018-2019
|€ 2,060*||€ 14,500|
* The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a Master's degree from a Dutch university. More information about the tuition fees and scholarships available for international students.
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice! You can follow a trial lecture from November 1st until December 31st 2018.
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 17 November 2018 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs and Research Masters, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the LLM European Union Law?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application