Extended Master Program Tilburg School of Economics and Management (TiSEM)
The Extended Master Program (EMP) is a traineeship integrated with your regular TiSEM Master's program. It is developed in a joint effort with partner organizations to provide you with the opportunity to improve your practical and professional skills. You will have the chance to prove your potential to the labor market if you are willing to go the extra mile.
- As an Extended Master Program student, you will be closely involved in the activities of your organization.
- You will for example help to improve processes, identify opportunities and threats, or work on an assignment that requires an academic background currently not available within the organization.
- The Extended Master program is open to both national and international students. Availability of English speaking positions depends on the company’s line of business and their current organizational needs.
A TiSEM Extended Master Program provides you with several benefits:
- A sure fire way to put you in the sight of leading companies. Your work experience at a leading company gives you a competitive edge in the labor market. Support companies with - and learn from - challenging projects.
- Receive an Extended Master Program Certificate.
- Expand your professional network and learn to reflect on your preferences, strengths and room for self-improvement.
- Valuable hard and soft skills training exclusively available to Extended Master students. We offer among others:
|Commercial skills||Google analytics|
|Strategic Visualization||Advanced Excel for business use|
|Project management||Personal coaching|
|Personal branding||ING Operational Excellence Workshop|
Participating companies and examples of assignments
Currently, the following companies are a TiSEM Extended Master partner:
- Achmea Bank
- Blom Consultancy
- CEVA Logistics
- Crowe Foederer B.V.
- CZ Health Insurance
- DAF Trucks N.V.
- Greenhouse Group
- Innogy Consulting
- Koninklijke Peijenburg
- Lean Instituut @ Verbeeten
- Magnitude Consulting
- Mondriaan Management & Consultancy
- Netspar partners
- Ten Feet Tall
- Van Deursen (Shoeby)
- VDL groep
Recently completed assignments include:
- Optimal store location research
- Fixed and variable operating costs reduction of brick and mortar chain store
- Creating a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
- Supplier Analysis
- Development of procedure for contract management
- Analysis of historical sales data
How does it work?
1. Apply for a regular Master's program
2. Visit company presentations on campus
3. Apply for the traineeships of your choice (at least 600 hours)
4. Pre-selection by Tilburg University
5. Matching Day and company interviews
7. (Optional) Master's thesis project
Important data TiSEM Extended Master Program
- Kick off Day: in September
- Deadline of application: in October
- Matching Day: in November
- Extended Master program training days and coaching sessions are scheduled between: April-October
- Internship is minimal 600 hours, starting and end date can vary and has to be decided upon in consultation with company and Extended Master program team.
Fees and compensation
There are no administrative or participation fees for taking part in the Extended Master Program. You will pay regular tuition fees for the extra months the Extended Master Program takes.
- It is a smart investment, considering that the combined value of the skills training and work experience far exceed the value of the extra tuition fees.
- It is not unusual to receive double or triple the amount of the fees in the form of traineeship compensation.
- The actual compensation is to be discussed between you and the company before the traineeship starts.
Do you have any questions?
Have we piqued your interest for an Extended Master's program and would you like to know more? Email us at email@example.com.