Extended Master's Program Tilburg School of Economics and Management (TiSEM)
The Extended Master's Program (EMP) is a traineeship that you perform on top of your regular TiSEM Master's program. It is developed in a joint effort with partner organizations to provide you with the opportunity to improve your practical and professional skills. You will have the chance to prove your potential to the labor market if you are willing to go the extra mile.
It is important to orientate yourself on the job market, to find out how it is to work in a specific field and to differentiate yourself from others by gaining valuable skills. The Extended Master program is a fun and unique challenge that provides you the opportunity to do this and allows you to better prepare yourself for the future.
- As an Extended Master Program student, you will be closely involved in the activities of your organization.
- You will for example help to improve processes, identify opportunities and threats, or work on an assignment that requires an academic background currently not available within the organization.
- The Extended Master program is open to both national and international students. Availability of English speaking positions depends on the company’s line of business and their current organizational needs.
A TiSEM Extended Master's Program provides you with several benefits:
- A sure fire way to put you in the sight of leading companies. Your work experience at a leading company gives you a competitive edge in the labor market. Support companies with - and learn from - challenging projects.
- Receive Edubadges and an Extended Master's Program Certificate.
- Expand your professional network and learn to reflect on your preferences, strengths and room for self-improvement.
- Valuable hard and soft skills training exclusively available to Extended Master students. We offer among others:
|Effective Communication||Google analytics|
|Strategic Visualization||Advanced Excel for business use|
|Project management||Personal coaching|
|Personal branding||Get things done|
Examples of participating companies and assignments
For a complete and updated list, you are welcome to visit our Canvas page
- Achmea Bank
- Air Liquide
- Blom Consultancy
- Censor Voor de verandering
- CEVA Logistics
- CZ Health Insurance
- Fly Hyer
- Keuhne Nagel
- Logistics Community Brabant (LCB)
- Van Deursen (Shoeby)
- VDL groep
Recently completed assignments include:
- Optimal store location research
- Fixed and variable operating costs reduction of brick and mortar chain store
- Creating a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
- Supplier Analysis
- Development of procedure for contract management
- Analysis of historical sales data
How does it work?
1. Apply for a regular Master's program
2. Visit online information session
3. Apply for the program and pre-selection by The Extended Master Program
4. Employers market
5. Apply for an internship at specific organizations/companies
7. (Optional) Master's thesis project
Important data TiSEM Extended Master's Program
Kick off Day: online information session at September 24, 10.45-11.30
After the general part, you have the opportunity to talk to companies of your interest in Q&A sessions. We strongly encourage you to join these Q&A sessions as this is a great opportunity to present yourself to companies and show them your interest.
- More information on the participating companies (what internship do they offer?) can be found on our general canvas page (under the tab "modules"), for which you can enroll here. More companies are added at a regular basis (we are continuously in contact with companies and organizations).
- Are you interested in joining the program but unable to attend the information session? Don't worry, the information session will be recorded and be made available for you after the session. In that case; please leave your contact details here.
Other important data
- Deadline of Program application: October 8
- Employer’s market: in November
- Extended Master's Program training days and coaching sessions are scheduled between: April-October
- Internship is minimal 600 hours, starting and end date can vary and has to be decided upon in consultation with company and Extended Master Program team.
Fees and compensation
There are no administrative or participation fees for taking part in the Extended Master's Program. You will pay regular tuition fees for the extra months the Extended Master's Program takes.
- It is a smart investment, considering that the combined value of the skills training and work experience far exceed the value of the extra tuition fees.
- It is not unusual to receive double or triple the amount of the fees in the form of traineeship compensation.
- The actual compensation is to be discussed between you and the company before the traineeship starts.
Do you have any questions?
Have we piqued your interest for an Extended Master's Program and would you like to know more? Email us at email@example.com.