Become an expert in financial management or investment analysis. Learn how to determine a firm's cost of capital, plan mergers and acquisitions, bring companies to the stock exchange, restructure corporations, make portfolio investment decisions, quantify risks, and hedge them using various derivative instruments.
National Student Survey, 2017 | n=42
National Alumni Survey, 2016| n=40
Nationale Alumni Enquête, 2016| n=42
Program and courses
Obtain a solid foundation in the principles and practice of finance.
- Apply the latest theoretical concepts from scientific literature to real-world cases during assignments, simulation games and in-class discussions.
- The program is taught by some of the world's leading finance academics, faculty members from the Department of Finance at Tilburg University.
- Specialize in either corporate finance or investment analysis through a wide selection of electives, and by choice of your Master's thesis topic. Or specialize through one of the following tracks:
- Finance: CFA
- Finance: Pensions, Aging and Retirement
- Opportunity to pursue a dual degree in collaboration with one of our foreign partner universities.
- In the first semester of the regular program, you can also apply for the QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
- Investment Analysis
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Applied Corporate Finance
As a Master of Science in Finance you are equipped with a broad knowledge framework in business and specialized knowledge in financial management or investment analysis - a highly attractive profile for companies, banks and consultancy agencies.
Graduates started for example as:
- Consultant at the valuation and business modelling team at EY
- Consultant at First Dutch Advisory
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2,9
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: €3,816
- Would likely recommend the program to friends, family and colleagues: 88%
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=42
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
- Business Economics
- International Business Administration
Available for both university graduates and Dutch HBO graduates.
Tuition fees academic year 2018-2019
|€ 2,060*||€ 14,500|
* The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a Master's degree from a Dutch university. More information about the tuition fees and scholarships available for international students.
Interested in this Master’s program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice! You can follow a trial lecture from November 1st until December 31st 2018.
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 17 November 2018 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs and Research Masters, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the MSc Finance?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application