Become an expert in financial management or investment analysis. Learn how to determine a firm's cost of capital, how to plan mergers and acquisitions, get companies listed on the stock market, restructure corporations, make portfolio investment decisions, quantify risks, and hedge them using various derivative instruments.
Education as of September 2022
All education takes place on campus again, now that the coronavirus measures have been scaled back. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. Therefore, a few basic measures still apply. For the latest updates on the COVID-19 situation, see our FAQs for prospective students.
Program and courses
Gain a solid foundation in the principles and practice of finance.
- Apply the latest theoretical concepts from scientific literature to real-world cases during assignments, simulation games and group discussions in class.
- Specialize in either corporate finance or investment analysis through a wide selection of elective courses, and by choice of your Master's thesis topic. Other tracks to specialize:
- Finance: CFA - Learn the concepts and principles that investment professionals around the world find important and integral to global practice.
- Sustainable Finance - Become a financial expert with a heart for the environment and society. You will learn how sustainability issues change the concept of finance.
- The program is taught by teachers with very good teaching evaluations. The teachers are some of the world's leading finance academics. Many teachers in the program have been awarded Excellent Teacher awards.
- The Master's program in Finance is CFA accredited and is ranked in the Global Masters in Finance Ranking by the Financial Times.
Typical courses are:
- Investment Analysis
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Empirical Methods in Finances
As a Master of Science in Finance you are equipped with a profound knowledge framework in business and specialized knowledge in financial management or investment analysis - a highly attractive profile for companies, banks and consultancy agencies.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Consultant at the valuation and business modelling team at EY
- Consultant at First Dutch Advisory
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: €3,166
- Is (very) satisfied with the Master's program: 90%
- Average number of months between graduation and first job: 2,6 months
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021| n=29
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
- Business Economics
- International Business Administration
Open to both university graduates and Dutch HBO graduates.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master’s program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
To be announced
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
09:30 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Interested in doing a Master's program? Find out which Master's program suits you best during our Master's Open day on November 19. Learn all about our (pre-)Master’s programs and tracks, and ask teachers, students, and study advisors your questions. Sign up for the Open day now!
Interested in the MSc Finance?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application