Learn the concepts and principles that investment professionals around the world find important and integral to global practice. Our program is closely tied to professional practice through The Chartered Financial Analyst program partnership, and courses are excellent preparation for the CFA exams. This is a track of MSc Finance.
National Alumni Survey (Finance, all tracks), 2018 | n=85
Shanghai Global Ranking of Academic Subjects, 2018
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=40
Program and courses
Gain a solid foundation in the principles - and practice - of finance.
- Apply the latest theoretical concepts from scientific literature to real-world cases during assignments, simulation games and group discussions in class.
- The CFA track is taught by an official program partner of the CFA Institute, the global association for investment professionals awarding the prestigious Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) designation.
- This track covers at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK). Additionly, you receive CFA ethics training, can participate in events with the Dutch CFA Society, and are eligible for a CFA level I exam scholarship.
- Opportunity to pursue a dual degree in collaboration with one of our foreign partner universities.
- In the first semester of the regular program, you can also apply for the QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
- This is a track of MSc Finance. You can choose to follow the main program or a track.
Typical courses are:
- Derivative Securities and Risk Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Analysis and Investor Behavior
Upon graduating you will have obtained the following title (as stated on your diploma): Master of Science.
With a specialization in the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), you know the concepts and principles that investment professionals around the world find essential and integral to global practice - a highly attractive profile for investment companies, banks and consultancy agencies.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Management Consultant at KPMG
- Financial Analyst at Booking.com
- Financial Trainee at PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2,9
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: €3,816
- Would likely recommend the program to friends, family and colleagues: 88%
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=42
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
- Business Economics
- International Business Administration
Open to both university graduates and Dutch HBO graduates.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master’s program?
Please feel free to contact us with your personal queries. You can contact us through the blue button on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one or more Master's programs and do you want to experience what it is like to follow this program(s) at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture! You can follow a regular lecture of the Master's program(s) of your choice in November and December, 2019.
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
On Saturday 16 November, 2019. Get acquainted with our English taught Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the MSc Finance?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application