Learn the concepts and principles that investment professionals around the world find important and integral to global practice. Our program is closely tied to professional practice through The Chartered Financial Analyst program partnership, and courses are an excellent preparation for the CFA exams. This is a track of MSc Finance.
On-campus education as of August 2021 | pleased to meet you
National Alumni Survey, 2020 | n=30 (MSc Finance including track CFA)
Program and courses
Gain a solid foundation in the principles - and practice - of finance.
- Apply the latest theoretical concepts from scientific literature to real-world cases during assignments, simulation games and group discussions in class.
- The CFA track is taught by an official program partner of the CFA Institute, the global association for investment professionals awarding the prestigious Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) designation.
- This track covers at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK). Additionally, you receive CFA ethics training, can participate in events with the Dutch CFA Society, and are eligible for a CFA level I exam scholarship.
- Opportunity to pursue a double degree in collaboration with one of our foreign partner universities.
Typical courses are:
- Derivative Securities and Risk Management
- Financial Statement Analysis & Valuation
- Financial Analysis and Investor Behavior
Upon graduating you will have obtained the following title (as stated on your diploma): Master of Science.
With a specialization in the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), you know the concepts and principles that investment professionals around the world find essential and integral to global practice - a highly attractive profile for investment companies, banks and consultancy agencies.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Management Consultant at KPMG
- Financial Analyst at Booking.com
- Financial Trainee at PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: €3,191,-
- Is (very) satisfied with the Master's program: 93%
- Finds a job within 4 months after graduation: 85%
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2020| n=30 (MSc Finance including track CFA)
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
- Business Economics
- International Business Administration
Open to both university graduates and Dutch HBO graduates.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master’s program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Unfortunately, we cannot organize any on-campus events at the moment. To help you as much as possible with your study choice, we offer online alternatives.
10:00 - 11:00
Get to know Tilburg University - Live Webinars for Master's programs
The Get to know Tilburg University Webinar is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, Tilburg University and our offer of international Master's programs. You can sign up for one of the sessions on September 24, or October 15, either at 10:00 or 16:00.
13:30 - 15:45
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home. You can participate on Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
09:00 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Which Master do you think is interesting? Do you want to know which Master suits you? Then visit the Master's Open day. Find out all you need to know about our Master’s programs, tracks and Pre-Masters and ask your questions to our teachers, students and study advisors.
Interested in the MSc Finance?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application