Learn the concepts and principles that investment professionals around the world find important and integral to global practice. Our program is closely tied to professional practice through The Chartered Financial Analyst program partnership, and courses are an excellent preparation for the CFA exams. This is a track of MSc Finance.
Education and COVID-19
All education takes place on campus again, now that the coronavirus measures have been scaled back. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. Therefore, a few basic measures still apply. For the latest updates on the COVID-19 situation, see our FAQs for prospective students.
Program and courses
Gain a solid foundation in the principles - and practice - of finance.
- Apply the latest theoretical concepts from scientific literature to real-world cases during assignments, simulation games and group discussions in class.
- The CFA track is taught by an official program partner of the CFA Institute, the global association for investment professionals awarding the prestigious Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) designation.
- This track covers at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK). Additionally, you receive CFA ethics training, can participate in events with the Dutch CFA Society, and are eligible for a CFA level I exam scholarship.
- Opportunity to pursue a double degree in collaboration with one of our foreign partner universities.
Typical courses are:
- Derivative Securities and Risk Management
- Financial Statement Analysis & Valuation
- Fixed Income Analysis
Upon graduating you will have obtained the following title (as stated on your diploma): Master of Science.
With a specialization in the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), you know the concepts and principles that investment professionals around the world find essential and integral to global practice - a highly attractive profile for investment companies, banks and consultancy agencies.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Management Consultant at KPMG
- Financial Analyst at Booking.com
- Financial Trainee at PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: €3,166
- Is (very) satisfied with the Master's program: 90%
- Average number of months between graduation and first job: 2,6 months
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2020| n=29 (MSc Finance including all tracks )
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
- Business Economics
- International Business Administration
Open to both university graduates and Dutch HBO graduates.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master’s program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
13:30 - 15:30
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
10:00 - 11:00
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Master's programs
The Get to know Tilburg University Webinar is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, Tilburg University and our offer of international Master's programs.
10:00 - 11:00
Admission and Application - Live webinar for Master’s programs
If you are interested in doing a Master's program at Tilburg University, and you want to know more about the application and admission process, you should join this webinar!
Interested in the MSc Finance?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application