Finance: Pensions, Aging and Retirement (Netspar) track
Become an expert in financial management and investment analysis concerned with the many financial issues related to an aging society - one of the biggest challenges for the next decades, creating an urgent demand for finance professionals with expertise on pensions, aging and retirement. This track is offered by Netspar, a renowned research network on the topic in the Netherlands and Europe. This is a track of MSc Finance.
National Alumni Survey (Finance, all tracks), 2018 | n=85
Shanghai Global Ranking of Academic Subjects, 2018
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=40
Program and courses
Gain a solid foundation in the principles - and practice - of finance.
- Topics specific for the Pensions, Aging and Retirement track include asset allocation over the life cycle; risk management of pension funds; new long-term investment products, such as annuities and inflation-linked bonds; and longevity risk.
- Apply the latest theoretical concepts from scientific literature to real-world cases during assignments, simulation games and in-class discussions.
- The Netspar track offers access to a valuable network, including internships and company visits with Netspar partners, such as the Dutch National Bank, Achmea, Nationale Nederlanden, Robeco, PGGM and the Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport.
- Furthermore, the Netspar track offers inspired teachers with hands-on knowledge of the current pension debate, a Netspar certificate, Netspar Thesis Awards (€ 3,000), and excellent job opportunities.
- Opportunity to pursue a dual degree in collaboration with one of our foreign partner universities.
- In the first semester of the regular program, you can also apply for the QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
- This is a track of MSc Finance. You can choose to follow the main program or one of the tracks.
Typical courses are:
- The Economics and Finance of Pensions
- Investment Analysis
- Fixed Income Analysis
Upon graduation you will have obtained the following title (as stated on your diploma): Master of Science
With a finance specialization in pensions, aging and retirement, you are equipped with in-depth knowledge of the financial issues pertaining to aging societies - a highly attractive profile for government institutions, banks and investment consultancy agencies. Especially considering the growing demand for specialists in this area.
Graduates started for example as:
- Financial Controller at Achmea Holding
- Corporate Trainee Public Affairs at PGGM
- Investment Strategist at PGB
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2.9
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: €3,816
- Would likely recommend the program to friends, family and colleagues: 88%
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 (based on alumni of the Master's program in Finance) | n=42
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
- Business Economics
- International Business Administration
Available for both university graduates and Dutch HBO graduates.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master’s program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 6 April 2019 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs and Research Masters, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one or more Master's programs and do you want to experience what it is like to follow this program(s) at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture! You can follow a regular lecture of the Master's program(s) of your choice in November and December, 2019.
Interested in the MSc Finance?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application