Economics: Financial Economics
Combine practical financial management with economic analysis of the markets you invest in. You will address for example urgent problems in the Euro zone, international financial supervision, micro-finance, bank-runs and systemic risk, and taxation of financial institutions. This is a track of MSc Economics.
National Alumni Survey, 2019 | n=22 (Master Economics)
US News Best Global Universities, 2020
Program and courses
Become skilled in both Finance and Economics, and learn, among other things, how international bodies function (e.g., the European Central Bank), why tax policies are designed the way they are, and what the consequences are for companies in Europe.
- Great diversity in nationalities, with about 50% international fellow students.
- Connected to the European Banking Center, a Tilburg based research network on banking and financial markets with close connections to the business sector.
- This is a track of MSc Economics. You can choose to follow the main program or one of the tracks.
Typical courses are:
- Financial Economics
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Economics and Psychology of Risk and Time
Upon graduating you will have obtained the following title (as stated on your diploma): Master of Science. With a specialization in Financial Economics, you will be skilled in both finance and economics. These combined skills are perfect for a career in banking, consulting private businesses with international policy making challenges, or supporting governments in the (inter)national arena.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Finance Trainee at the ABN AMRO Bank
- Trading Risk Analyst at ING Group
- Consultant at IBM
- 92% are (very) satisfied with the Master program
- 43% work abroad
- 82% would recommend the Master's programme to friends, family or colleagues
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2019| n=22 (Master Economics)
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
A Bachelor’s degree in Economics or in a similar program (e.g., in Econometrics).
Open to Research University students, not to students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Unfortunately, we cannot organize any on-campus events at the moment. To help you as much as possible with your study choice, we offer online alternatives.
Interested in the MSc Economics?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application