Human Resource Studies
Become a human resources expert specialized in the relationship between work, well-being, and performance. With a strong international focus, you learn to combine insights from social sciences and business studies in HR-policies which improve individual and, ultimately, organizational performance.
National Alumni Survey, 2017 | n=21
National Alumni Survey, 2017 | n=23
Program and courses
Become equipped to analyze and advise on HR, work, and organizational issues, such as understanding the foundation of HR decisions and their consequences for work, well-being, and performance, or to implement new HR policies in the context of a changing environment. The international orientation and practice-oriented approach give you a head start in the labor market. Human Resource Studies in Tilburg is the first scientific education program in the field of human resources in the Netherlands (since 1986).
- Expand your research knowledge and practical skills. The Extended Master gives you the opportunity to do a six-month research internship, a company traineeship, or an (international) exchange on top of your regular Master's program. The total duration of the Extended Master is 1.5 years.
- The People Management for Global Social Challenges track gives you a different perspective on sustainable development based on the theories and methods pertinent to the Global Management of Social Issues discipline. This specialization addresses societal challenges from the point of view of workforce and labor market.
Typical courses are:
- Human Resource Development
- Organizational Change
- HRM, Work-design and Technology
- Positive Psychology Interventions in Organizations
Ask us your questions
Marloes DolmansMaster's student
"I am interested in people and their motivation to act in a certain way. The psychological perspective that is addressed in this program is very interesting. This program is valuable to me, because it combines different perspectives namely from the employee, employer and society together to gain knowledge about different HR issues."
Laura ClarkExtended Master's student
"My experience so far is completely positive. The program is well organized and informative in a way that is not only interesting, but also understandable. Lecturers create a highly interactive environment that makes you feel willing and confident to participate."
Eva TholenTrainee at the Province of Limburg
"The knowledge I gained about how HR can contribute to organizational goals helps me in my work during the three projects in which I am involved. My knowledge and focus on the human aspect of the organization help me with advising and involving colleagues."
Prepare yourself for HR positions with an emphasis on analytical, strategic, and leadership qualities in the public and private sector, as well as for careers in research and consultancy.
- Excellent opportunities for graduates who wish to pursue positions like all-round HR professional, HR specialist (in, for example talent management, HR analytics, Compensation & Benefits).
- Graduates usually progress quickly in their careers to senior, strategic, and managerial HR roles.
Some of our graduates start or work at:
- ING Groep N.V. (Headquarters)
- Average number of months until first paid job is 2.2
- 83% of our alumni finds a job within 6 months after graduation
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: €2,663
- Would choose the same master’s program again, at the same university: 68%
- Will recommend the study to friends, family or colleagues: 90%
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2017 | n = 23
Application and admission
This program starts:
- End of August and end of January (Master’s program)
- End of August (Pre-Master’s program)
Best preparatory programs:
Business Studies, Human Resource Studies, Organization Studies, Psychology, and Sociology.
Half-year (30 ECTS) Pre-Master’s program available if your previous program is relevant but does not meet the required entry level, for example a Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied Sciences.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us with your personal queries. You can contact us through the blue button on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Virtual Open Week Bachelor's and Master's Programs: September 30 - October 4
Experience our international programs without having to leave the comfort of your home. The Virtual Open Week will offer topic-specific online information sessions - including information on studying in Holland, living in Tilburg and studying at Tilburg University - as well as live chat and a Q&A.
10:00 - 14:45
Open Day Master's programs
The Open Day for Master's programs is on Saturday November 16, 2019. Get acquainted with our English taught Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere on our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the MSc Human Resource Studies?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application