Human Resource Studies
Become a human resources expert specialized in the relationship between work, well-being, and performance. With a strong international focus, you learn to combine insights from social sciences and business studies in HR-policies which improve individual and, ultimately, organizational performance.
On-campus education as of August 2021 | pleased to meet you
National Student Survey, 2019 | n=59
National Alumni Survey, 2019 | n=13
National Alumni Survey, 2019 | n=13
Program and courses
Become equipped to analyze and advise on HR, work, and organizational issues, such as understanding the foundation of HR decisions and their consequences for work, well-being, and performance; or to implement new HR policies in the context of a changing environment.
- The international orientation and practice-oriented approach give you a head start in the labor market. Human Resource Studies in Tilburg is the first scientific education program in the field of human resources in the Netherlands (since 1986).
- Expand your research knowledge and practical skills. The Extended Master's Program gives you the opportunity to do a six-month research internship, a company traineeship, or an (international) exchange on top of your regular Master's program. The total duration of the Extended Master's Program is 1.5 years.
Typical courses are:
- Seminar Human Resource Studies
- HR Analytics
- Organizational Change
Marloes DolmansMaster's student
"I am interested in people and their motivation to act in a certain way. The psychological perspective that is addressed in this program is very interesting. This program is valuable to me, because it combines different perspectives namely from the employee, employer and society together to gain knowledge about different HR issues."
Le Mai PhuongMaster's student
"The program gives me insight into HR analysis, practices and its effect on the business. Also, my critical thinking and researching skill are enhanced through the multi-aspect approach of the course. In addition, the diversity of students gives me opportunities to learn from other people and improve my communication skills."
Eva TholenTrainee at the Province of Limburg
"The knowledge I gained about how HR can contribute to organizational goals helps me in my work during the three projects in which I am involved. My knowledge and focus on the human aspect of the organization help me with advising and involving colleagues."
Prepare yourself for HR positions with an emphasis on analytical, strategic, and leadership qualities in the public and private sector, as well as for careers in research and consultancy.
- Excellent opportunities for graduates who wish to pursue positions like all-round HR professional, HR specialist (in, for example talent management, HR analytics, Compensation & Benefits).
- Graduates usually progress quickly in their careers to senior, strategic, and managerial HR roles.
Some of our graduates start or work at:
- ING Groep N.V. (Headquarters)
- Average number of months until first paid job: 1.54
- 100% of our alumni finds a job within 6 months after graduation
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: €2,600
- Would (definitely) recommend the study to friends, family or colleagues: 100%
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2019 | n = 13
Application and admission
This program starts:
- End of August and end of January (Master’s program)
- End of August (Pre-Master’s program)
Best preparatory programs:
Business Studies, Human Resource Studies, Organization Studies, Psychology, and Sociology.
Half-year (30 ECTS) pre-Master’s program available if your previous program is relevant but does not meet the required entry level, for example a Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied Sciences.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Unfortunately, we cannot organize any on-campus events at the moment. To help you as much as possible with your study choice, we offer online alternatives.
13:30 - 15:45
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home. You can participate on Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
09:00 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Which Master do you think is interesting? Do you want to know which Master suits you? Then visit the Master's Open day. Find out all you need to know about our Master’s programs, tracks and Pre-Masters and ask your questions to our teachers, students and study advisors.
Interested in the MSc Human Resource Studies?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application