Human Resource Studies
Become a human resources expert specialized in the relationship between work, well-being, and performance. With a strong international focus, you learn to combine insights from social sciences and business studies in HR-policies which improve individual and, ultimately, organizational performance.
Education as of September 2022
All education takes place on campus again, now that the coronavirus measures have been scaled back. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. Therefore, a few basic measures still apply. For the latest updates on the corona situation, see our FAQs for prospective students.
National Student Survey, 2019 | n=59
National Alumni Survey, 2019 | n=13
National Alumni Survey, 2019 | n=13
Program and courses
Become equipped to analyze and advise on HR, work, and organizational issues, such as understanding the foundation of HR decisions and their consequences for work, well-being, and performance; or to implement new HR policies in the context of a changing environment.
- The international orientation and practice-oriented approach give you a head start in the labor market. Human Resource Studies in Tilburg is the first scientific education program in the field of human resources in the Netherlands (since 1986).
- Expand your research knowledge and practical skills. The Extended Master's Program gives you the opportunity to do a six-month research internship, a company traineeship, or an (international) exchange on top of your regular Master's program. The total duration of the Extended Master's Program is 1.5 years.
Typical courses are:
- Seminar Human Resource Studies
- HR Analytics
- Organizational Change
Marloes DolmansMaster's student
"I am interested in people and their motivation to act in a certain way. The psychological perspective that is addressed in this program is very interesting. This program is valuable to me, because it combines different perspectives namely from the employee, employer and society together to gain knowledge about different HR issues."
Le Mai PhuongMaster's student
"The program gives me insight into HR analysis, practices and its effect on the business. Also, my critical thinking and researching skill are enhanced through the multi-aspect approach of the course. In addition, the diversity of students gives me opportunities to learn from other people and improve my communication skills."
Eva TholenTrainee at the Province of Limburg
"The knowledge I gained about how HR can contribute to organizational goals helps me in my work during the three projects in which I am involved. My knowledge and focus on the human aspect of the organization help me with advising and involving colleagues."
Prepare yourself for HR positions with an emphasis on analytical, strategic, and leadership qualities in the public and private sector, as well as for careers in research and consultancy.
- Excellent opportunities for graduates who wish to pursue positions like all-round HR professional, HR specialist (in, for example talent management, HR analytics, Compensation & Benefits).
- Graduates usually progress quickly in their careers to senior, strategic, and managerial HR roles.
Some of our graduates start or work at:
- ING Groep N.V. (Headquarters)
- Average number of months until first paid job: 1.54
- 100% of our alumni finds a job within 6 months after graduation
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: €2,600
- Would (definitely) recommend the study to friends, family or colleagues: 100%
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2019 | n = 13
Application and admission
This program starts:
- End of August and end of January (Master’s program)
- End of August (Pre-Master’s program)
Best preparatory programs:
Business Studies, Human Resource Studies, Organization Studies, Psychology, and Sociology.
Half-year (30 ECTS) pre-Master’s program available if your previous program is relevant but does not meet the required entry level, for example a Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied Sciences.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
13:33 - 16:00
Master Experience Days TSB
The Master Experience Days (MED) is a study- and career-orientation event for for all students looking for a Master's program of the Tilburg School for Social and Behavioral Sciences (TSB).
To be announced
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
09:30 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Interested in doing a Master's program? Find out which Master's program suits you best during our Master's Open day on November 19. Learn all about our (pre-)Master’s programs and tracks, and ask teachers, students, and study advisors your questions. Sign up for the Open day now!
Interested in the MSc Human Resource Studies?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application