Pre-Master’s program Human Resource Studies
The pre-Master’s programs in Human Resource Studies are designed for (1) Dutch students with a relevant Dutch hbo degree, and (2) Dutch and international students with a university degree that does not entirely meet the admission requirements of the Master's program.
For Dutch hbo graduates
The pre-Master's program for Dutch hbo graduates builds on the practice-oriented knowledge you acquired during your Bachelor's by enhancing your theoretical knowledge as well as your capacity for conceptual thinking.
This half-year program (30 ECTS) runs from the end of August until the end of January.
After completing the program with good results, you can:
- Start with the one-year Master's program in Human Resource Studies at the end of January in the same academic year.
- Enroll in the Research Master Individual Differences and Assessment, starting end of August in the subsequent academic year.
The courses are:
- Methods, Measurement and Statistics for Pre-master Students – Fall
- Academic Writing for Pre-master students
- Research in Human Resource Studies (Pre-master)
- Work and Health Psychology for Pre-master students
- Causal Analysis Techniques for Pre-master students – Fall
- Strategic HRM for Premaster students
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Application and admission
To be eligible for this pre-Master's program, you must have completed a Dutch hbo Bachelor's program that gives direct access to the pre-Master's program. If you want to apply for admission to the pre-Master's program in Human Resource Studies, please follow the application and admission procedure and read the requirements for Dutch hbo students.
For Dutch wo and international students
Tilburg University offers a pre-Master’s program designed for students with a university Bachelor’s degree – national or international – that does not entirely meet the entry requirements of the Master’s program in Human Resource Studies.
After you have submitted your complete application, the Admissions Committee will, based on this, decide whether:
- You can be admitted to the Master’s program directly.
- You need to take a pre-Master’s program.
- You cannot be admitted to the (pre-)Master’s program.
Please note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in OSIRIS Student at the start of the year.
Do you want to know more about this pre-Master’s program?
Visit this pre-Master’s information session during the upcoming Open day
Interested in the MSc Human Resource Studies?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application