Program and courses Human Resource Studies
Become fully equipped to analyze and advise on HR, work, and organizational issues with a focus on wellbeing and performance.
This one-year Master's program consists of 60 credits (ECTS):
- 3 core courses (24 ECTS)
- 2-3 out of 10 elective courses (12 ECTS)
- Master’s thesis (24 ECTS)
The program is divided into four blocks and has two intake moments. You can start either at the end of August (first intake moment) or at the end of January (second intake moment).
Block 1 (September - October)
Block 2 (Ocotber- January)
Block 3 (January - April)
Block 4 (April - August)
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Please Note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in OSIRIS Student at the start of the year.
Extend your master with an exchange program, professional traineeship or research traineeship
You can also apply for an Extended Master's Program. An Extended Master's Program adds an extra semester (6 months) to your regular Master’s program during which you get the chance to gain relevant work, abroad or research experience and enhance your professional skills or academic knowledge.
Within the Extended Master's Program Human Resource Studies you can choose one of the following options:
- Exchange program International Comparative HR
- Professional traineeship
- Research Traineeship in HR analytics
Short overview of Human Resource Studies
- Benefit from the expertise of our specialist and generalist staff at the oldest scientific education program in the field of Human Resources in the Netherlands (since 1986) and one of the leading and largest departments of HR experts in Europe.
- You get the opportunity to create your own unique profile through the program's elective courses.
- The HR department consists of international specialists in the field of talent management, inclusiveness, aging and stress at work as well as generalists.
- The Master’s thesis is based on advanced empirical research and closely linked to the research projects of staff.
- The international orientation (20% of students is international) and practice-oriented approach give you a head start in the labor market.
- You learn to understand the foundations for HR decisions and their consequences for work, wellbeing, and performance. You also learn to implement new HR policies in the context of a changing environment.
- You can add another semester to the program by doing an Extended Master. You have the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through a professional traineeship, a research traineeship, or an (international) exchange. The total duration of the Extended Master program is 1,5 years.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the MSc Human Resource Studies?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application