Career prospects Research Master Individual Differences and Assessment
The research Master in Individual Differences and Assessment is a good preparation if you aspire a career in science. After completing the Research Master’s program you are prepared for research functions in more applied settings.
Highly socially relevant focus areas
The master focuses on the domains of work and health:
- For example, in the domain of work, researchers have discovered job crafting: the process by which the work context is adapted to the strengths and interests of the individual worker.
- In the domain of health, there is an increased realization that personalized medicine is key to cost effectiveness and patient satisfaction: this refers to using individual factors to establish which treatment is most effective for the patient.
Excellent career prospects
- The Research Center Education and Labor Market follows up Dutch students after they finish their education and has found that 94% of former students of researcher masters find a job within 1.5 years.
- A recent report from the Dutch government (Peaks in Sight, p. 9) found that more than half of the alumni of research masters secures a job as a PhD student.
Recent placements include:
- Junior Researcher at Nibud
- PHD Student Universität Tübingen
- Researcher & lecturer university of Southampton
- Statistical consultant Educational Testing Service, Princeton NJ
- Consultant Capgemini
- Data scientistPolicy & Analysis, Achmea
- Psychometric and statistical researcher in educational testing at CITO Arnhem
- Consultant in consumer research at Statistics Netherlands
- Applied statistician in demographic research at the Centraal Planbureau
Support with your transition to the labor market
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
Interested in the Research Master in Individual Differences and Assessment?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application