Learn to strategically apply IT to help companies achieve their strategic, tactical, and operational goals
In the Master's program in Information Technology for Enterprise Management (ITEM) you will learn how to strategically apply IT to support business change and thus enable companies to achieve their strategic,
tactical, and operational goals. By focusing on the
capabilities needed to improve enterprise performance, this Master’s program
prepares you for an international career at the interface of IT, business, and
The Master's program in Information Technology for Enterprise Management offers you:
- two Master’s degrees in eighteen months.
- the strengths and expertise of two leading business schools in Europe.
international classroom experience that will broaden your views on Business and
- the possibility to write your Master’s thesis together with a company internship, jointly supervised by the two partner universities. This will give you fast-track career opportunities.
Eighteen-month dual degree program
ITEM is an eighteen-month degree program offered jointly by Tilburg University (the Netherlands) and University of Turku (Finland). You start the program in February in Tilburg and will move to Turku in January of the next year until end of April. You will finish the program by writing a Master's thesis (May – August), preferably combined with a company internship, jointly supervised by the two partner universities.
Excellent career prospects
International companies have reported a very high need for students with dual competences who are able to apply thorough business knowledge to IT solutions and understand the key role of the added value of IT. Therefore you have excellent career prospects.
Upon completion of the ITEM program you are able to:
- understand the logic of key enterprise applications and frameworks such as ERP, eBusiness, Knowledge Management, MIS, and eCompetence.
- analyze the potential of digitalization to improve performance in these key enterprise application areas.
- identify methods for the analysis and transformation of business processes to ensure better and sustainable performance improvement of digitalization.
- deploy methods used in ensuring reliable delivery and development of IS services, e.g. methods for delivering IS projects and managing IS services and IT security.
Student Bob van Hees
"I learned about many other cultures from my fellow students, and the short trips organized by the student associations of University of Turku gave me the opportunity to visit some of the surrounding countries of Finland (e.g. Sweden, the Baltics, Russia)."
Information Technology for Enterprise Management in short
Master of Science (Filosofian maisteri, 120 ECTS,
University of Turku)
Administration Academic Bachelor in Computer Science or
Students with an engineering degree can be admitted if
their previous education includes IT and information
systems (a 30 ECTS Pre-Master’s program may be needed).
More about the
admission requirements and application procedure
manager, business analyst and IT entrepreneur.
More about the career perspectives
Universities Ranking US News, 2016
#12 in Europe in Economics & Business - Academic
Ranking of World Universities
Other programs you might be interested in:
- International Master in Management of IT (IMMIT)
- Information Management
- Data Science: Business and Governance