International Business Law (LLM)
An outstanding preparation for a legal career in the international business arena, combining quality business law theory with a distinctly practical real-world approach. Become a professional business lawyer or an in-house counsel of corporations, or go for a career in academic research.
On Campus if we can | Online because we can
Social Science Research Network Ranking (SSRN) April 2019
National Student Survey, 2018 | n=25
Program and courses
Understand the full range of legal, social, and economic aspects of corporate organizations and international business transactions.
- Case studies form an important part of learning. Handle the challenges regularly faced by business lawyers in their day-to-day practice.
- Theory meets real-world practice: draft legal documents that bring predictable results and reduce risks, claims, and litigation.
- Learn to argue, communicate, analyze and collaborate in international, interdisciplinary teams.
- The core team consists of senior, internationally-reputed law lecturers affiliated to the Tilburg Law School, as well as the Tilburg Law and Economics Center (TILEC) and the Center for Company Law (CCL). These academics are widely published in top academic journals in the fields of corporate law, finance, international business law, and competition law.
- The world’s top experts in the field are involved in the program as guest lecturers.
- Your classroom consists of a great diversity in nationalities from all over the world. This offers a new and broader perspective for you as a person and is a unique preparation for your future career.
Typical courses are:
- International Business Law I and II
- Banking and Securities Regulation
- International Company Law
- Legal Negotiation Workshop
Ask us your questions
Lyucy PetkovaMaster's student
"The IBL Program trains us to be a new kind of lawyer - one who has a broader view of the defining factors of international business and is equipped to successfully navigate an interconnected business environment, saturated by new technologies."
Lars HodelHead Legal & Compliance at Bitcoin Suisse AG, Switzerland
"This Master’s program covered innovative topics in an international environment which enables me now to actively shape my legal role, lead a team, and stay agile in a dynamic industry."
As a Master of Laws in International Business Law you are well prepared for a career as a professional business lawyer or an in-house counsel of corporation. Graduates of this Master have become lawyers in civil service and transnational associations (both for-profit and non-profit) as well. They also work in consultancy, research and policy-making.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Lawyer at EY (Russia)
- Personal Care Legal Business Partner BG at Philips (Netherlands)
- Lecturer in Business Law at the University of Leeds (United Kingdom)
- CEO and co-founder of a FinTech start-up (Netherlands)
- Head Legal and Compliance at a regulated crypto financial broker, asset manager and service provider (Switzerland)
- Director Data Analytics at a global commercial real estate services organization (Netherlands)
Alumni facts Tilburg Law School
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2.86
- Employer requires an academic Master’s degree: 68%
- Gross monthly income of our graduates in the first year: € 2.468,-
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2018 | n = 118
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory program:
A Bachelor’s (= undergraduate) degree in Law
The LLM International Business Law has a Dutch-taught Pre-Master’s program available for students from a Dutch university of applied sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
In accordance with the guidelines of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), all on-campus events until September 1 will not take place. To help you choose your Master’s program as best as we can, you can replay the sessions of our Online Master's Open day and participate in an online Q&A session for the program(s) you are interested in.
Interested in the LLM International Business Law?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application