International Business Law (LLM)
An outstanding preparation for a legal career in the international business arena, combining quality business law theory with a distinctly practical real-world approach. Become a professional business lawyer or an in-house counsel of corporations, or go for a career in academic research.
Social Science Research Network Ranking (SSRN) April 2019
National Student Survey, 2018 | n=25
Times Higher Education ranking 2019
Program and courses
Understand the full range of legal, social, and economic aspects of corporate organizations and international business transactions.
- Case studies form an important part of learning. Handle the challenges regularly faced by business lawyers in their day-to-day practice.
- Theory meets real-world practice: draft legal documents that bring predictable results and reduce risks, claims, and litigation.
- Learn to argue, communicate, analyze and collaborate in international, interdisciplinary teams.
- The core team consists of senior, internationally-reputed law lecturers affiliated to the Tilburg Law School, as well as the Tilburg Law and Economics Center (TILEC) and the Center for Company Law (CCL). These academics are widely published in top academic journals in the fields of corporate law, finance, international business law, and competition law.
- The world’s top experts in the field are involved in the program as guest lecturers.
- Your classroom consists of a great diversity in nationalities from all over the world. This offers a new and broader perspective for you as a person and is a unique preparation for your future career.
Typical courses are:
- International Business Law I and II
- Banking and Securities Regulation
- International Company Law
- Legal Negotiation Workshop
Ask us your questions
Lyucy PetkovaMaster's student
"The IBL Program trains us to be a new kind of lawyer - one who has a broader view of the defining factors of international business and is equipped to successfully navigate an interconnected business environment, saturated by new technologies."
Miranda KappéContact Master's program International Business Law
Lars HodelHead Legal & Compliance at Bitcoin Suisse AG, Switzerland
"This Master’s program covered innovative topics in an international environment which enables me now to actively shape my legal role, lead a team, and stay agile in a dynamic industry."
As a Master of Laws in International Business Law you are well prepared for a career as a professional business lawyer or an in-house counsel of corporation. Graduates of this Master have become lawyers in civil service and transnational associations (both for-profit and non-profit) as well. They also work in consultancy, research and policy-making.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Lawyer at EY (Russia)
- Personal Care Legal Business Partner BG at Philips (Netherlands)
- Lecturer in Business Law at the University of Leeds (United Kingdom)
- CEO and co-founder of a FinTech start-up (Netherlands)
- Head Legal and Compliance at a regulated crypto financial broker, asset manager and service provider (Switzerland)
- Director Data Analytics at a global commercial real estate services organization (Netherlands)
Alumni facts Tilburg Law School
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2.86
- Employer requires an academic Master’s degree: 68%
- Gross monthly income of our graduates in the first year: € 2.468,-
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2018 | n = 118
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory program:
A Bachelor’s (= undergraduate) degree in Law
The LLM International Business Law has a Dutch-taught Pre-Master’s program available for students from a Dutch university of applied sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us with your personal queries. You can contact us through the blue button on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one or more Master's programs and do you want to experience what it is like to follow this program(s) at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture! You can follow a regular lecture of the Master's program(s) of your choice in November and December, 2019.
10:00 - 14:45
Open Day Master's programs
The Open Day for Master's programs is on Saturday November 16, 2019. Get acquainted with our English taught Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere on our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the LLM International Business Law?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application