Program and courses International Business Law
Understand the full range of legal, social and economic aspects of corporate organizations and international business transactions.
This one-year program consists of 60 credits (ECTS):
- 7 core courses (42 ECTS)
- 1 elective course (6 ECTS)
- Master’s thesis (12 ECTS)
You can only start at the end of August.
The program consists of 7 core courses:
Fall semester (End of August – January)
- Banking and Securities Regulation (6 ECTS)
- International Competition Law (6 ECTS)
- International Business Law I (6 ECTS)
- International Company Law (6 ECTS)
- A Primer on International Business Law (6 ECTS)
Spring semester (End of January – June)
- International Business Law II (6 ECTS)
- Legal Negotiation Workshop (6 ECTS)
Choose 1 elective course from this list for the Spring semester:
- Comparative Corporate Governance (6 ECTS)
- International Commercial Law (6 ECTS)
- Law, Entrepreneurship and Finance (6 ECTS)
- Competition and Market Risks (6 ECTS credits)
- Or choose one of the (open) courses (6 ECTS) of the other LLM programs of Tilburg Law School (you will need permission for these courses)
The main objective of the Master's thesis is the production of a fully-fledged thesis on a particular topic. This entails a number of research and writing tasks, and also includes the oral defense of the thesis after it is finalized.
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Please note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in OSIRIS Student at the start of the year.
Do you want to know more about this Master’s program?
Find out more during one of our events
Short overview of International Business Law
- International Business Law offers you the necessary framework and skills to make sense of and navigate the new realities of a digital age for businesses.
- The program is focused on co-learning and co creating, so there’s many assignments in group-work aimed at different skills (writing a memo, a recommendation, to negotiate, give a pitch, make YouTube video’s etc).
Interested in the LLM International Business Law?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application