Program and courses International Business Law
Understand the full range of legal, social and economic aspects of corporate organizations and international business transactions.
This one-year program consists of 60 credits (ECTS):
- 7 core courses (42 ECTS)
- 1 elective course (6 ECTS)
- Master’s thesis (12 ECTS)
You can only start at the end of August.
Online and on-campus education
In the academic year 2023/2024, this innovative program takes gamification of education to another level and offers you an "open-world" experience. A digital infrastructure (digital tools and videos) is used to monitor performance, give guidance, answer questions, provide feedback, and allow you to enter next levels. You can choose between two options:
- On Campus track: Online and on campus lectures and on campus components, such as classrooms/meet-ups, Q&A sessions, Hackathons etc.
- Online only track: Online lectures and online meet-ups, online Q&A sessions and online Hackathons.
- Your online classes and online exams are scheduled according to the Central European Time zone.
- The pre-Master’s program is only offered in Dutch and on campus.
If you apply for the Master International Business Law, you will receive more information about the education format after you have been (conditionally) admitted.
The program consists of 7 core courses:
Fall semester (End of August – January)
- Banking and Securities Regulation (6 ECTS)
- International Competition Law (6 ECTS)
- International Business Law I (6 ECTS)
- International Company Law (6 ECTS)
- A Primer on International Business Law (6 ECTS)
Spring semester (End of January – June)
- International Business Law II (6 ECTS)
- Legal Negotiation Workshop (6 ECTS)
Choose 1 elective course from this list for the Spring semester:
- Comparative Corporate Governance (6 ECTS)
- International Commercial Law (6 ECTS)
- Law, Entrepreneurship and Finance (6 ECTS)
- Competition and Market Risks (6 ECTS credits)
- Or choose one of the (open) courses (6 ECTS) of the other LLM programs of Tilburg Law School (you will need permission for these courses)
The main objective of the Master's thesis is the production of a fully-fledged thesis on a particular topic. This entails a number of research and writing tasks, and also includes the oral defense of the thesis after it is finalized.
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Please note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in OSIRIS Student at the start of the year.
Do you want to know more about this Master’s program?
Find out more during one of our events
Short overview of International Business Law
- This highly innovative Master's program focuses on business innovation, technology and law and is offered online and on campus.
- Become a creative lawyer who thinks and acts from an entrepreneurial point of view, facilitating new forms of business, negotiating deals, assisting start-up companies.
- Our teaching team gives you personal attention in the form of small-scale meet-ups, where groups can test their ideas and we offer individual feedback.
- Students are given real-life problems and work with real-life clients to offer solutions.
Interested in the LLM International Business Law?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application