International Business Tax Economics
Become a tax economist. With the MSc International Business Tax Economics you acquire the knowledge and the skills to fully comprehend the impact of taxation on the global economy, also in connection with new technologies. You can work in the private sector (e.g. as a tax advisor or as an in-house tax specialist in a multinational company) or in the public sector (e.g. as a tax inspector or as a policy maker in a national or international institution).
On Campus if we can | Online because we can
National Student Survey, 2018 | n=10
US News Best Global Universities, 2020
Program and courses
Focus on the functioning and structure of taxation worldwide, both from a private and public perspective, and learn how to apply the acquired knowledge in any tax jurisdiction. The program offers:
- A powerful combination of academic theory and application in global tax practices, in future-oriented courses such as Transfer Pricing and Tax & Technology. Opportunity to apply the acquired knowledge in any tax jurisdiction.
- Inspirational lectures by internationally-reputed lecturers affiliated to the largest Fiscal Institute within Europe: the Fiscal Institute Tilburg.
- Additionally, as a student you have many opportunities to spice up your curriculum by participating in projects which deepen your knowledge and broaden your experience in the field of international taxation:
- Extended Master: go the extra mile and apply for a six-month traineeship on top of your Master’s program.
- International and European Tax Moot Court Competition: sharpen your skills of oral presentation and written argumentation in a competitive international environment.
- EUCOTAX Wintercourse: this yearly program, sponsored by EY, is popular among students and academics from European and American Universities.
- QTEM program: an extension of your regular Master’s program, during which you will study abroad at prestigious universities, and conduct an international internship at a renowned multinational.
Typical courses are:
- International and European Taxation
- Corporate Tax Structures
- Tax and Technology
- Transfer Pricing
- Business Taxation and Decision-Making Processes
International Business Tax Economics offers you outstanding career prospects. Expect to get a job very soon after you graduate, finding positions in the private sector (internationally-operating companies, consulting firms) as well as in the public and non-profit sectors.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- International tax consultant at Ernst & Young (Italy)
- Indirect tax assistant at KPMG (United Kingdom)
- Analyst international corporate income tax at Deloitte (Netherlands)
- Assistant manager of transfer pricing unit at KPMG, (Indonesia)
- Tax Advisor at PwC (Luxembourg)
- Average number of months until first paid job: 1
- Would choose the same program again, at the same university: 88%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2,562
- 80% have received a permanent contract
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2018 | n=10
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
- Any Bachelor's degrees of the Tilburg University School of Economics and Management
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Economics / Economics
Open to both Research University students and students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO). The MSc International Business Tax Economics is also accessible for HBO-students who finished the TiSEM pre-master's programs in Accountancy or in Finance.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master’s program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
In accordance with the guidelines of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), all on-campus events until September 1 will not take place. To help you choose your Master’s program as best as we can, you can replay the sessions of our Online Master's Open day and participate in an online Q&A session for the program(s) you are interested in.
Interested in the MSc International Business Tax Economics?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application