International Business Tax Law (LLM)
Learn how tax and legal considerations relate, and get ready to manage the complex problems multinationals face in the field of international business taxation law. Upon graduation, you are well prepared for a career in both the private as the public sector, for example as an international business tax advisor, an in-house counsel of multinational corporations, tax inspector or for a career in academic research. This is a track of Master’s program International Business Taxation.
Students of academic year 2021-2022: opt for either on-campus or online education
Program and courses
The program focuses on international tax law, but also strengthens your knowledge about business. It combines knowledge of tax law, accounting, business law to understand what is the core of the business of multinationals.
- Get to know all the insights how to help multinational enterprises, organizations and governments to make good decisions in the field of international business taxation.
- A unique degree in the legal aspects of international business taxation, providing good career prospects.
- Be inspired by internationally-reputed law lecturers; this program is affiliated with the Fiscal Institute Tilburg - the largest fiscal institute in Europe. Our teachers are widely published in top academic journals in the fields of corporate tax law, international and European tax law, VAT, company law, and European law.
- No background in tax law is required. More important is your affinity with the subject matter.
This is a track of Master’s program International Business Taxation. You specialize by following one of its tracks. Degree upon graduation: Master in Law (LLM) in International Business Taxation, specialization International Business Tax Law.
Typical courses are:
- Business Taxation
- Value Added Tax in Cross-Border Situations
- International and European Taxation
Bahana SalaimanMaster's student
"I appreciate the multidisciplinary approach of law, economics and accounting. The program is an example of theory and practice combined throughout the various courses."
Firoz EhsanDoctoral Candidate International Business, Trade and Tax Law | Shanghai Jiao Tong University
"The master was an important stepping stone to my doctorate at Shanghai Jiao University."
Cristiano Tristão DiasRegional Tax Manager EMEA | Sika
"Project management and structural thinking were fundamental assets gained in my masters at Tilburg University."
As a Master of Laws in International Business Tax Law, you are well prepared for a career as a professional business tax advisor or an in-house counsel of corporations or a career in academic research.
Graduates started for example as:
- Analyst International Corporate Income Tax at Deloitte
- International Tax Consultant at Ernst & Young
- Transfer pricing Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Phd Student at Tilburg University
Alumni facts Tilburg Law School
- Average number of months until first paid job: 3.04
- Gross monthly income of our graduates in the first year: € 2.665,-
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2020| n = 64
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory program:
A Bachelor’s (= undergraduate) degree in Law
Available, but only in Dutch and for students with a HBO Recht or HBO Fiscaal Recht en Economie Bachelor’s degree. The one-year Pre-Master’s program starts at the end of August.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Unfortunately, we cannot organize any on-campus events at the moment. To help you as much as possible with your study choice, we offer online alternatives.
10:00 - 11:00
Get to know Tilburg University - Live Webinars for Master's programs
The Get to know Tilburg University Webinar is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, Tilburg University and our offer of international Master's programs. You can sign up for one of the sessions on September 24, or October 15, either at 10:00 or 16:00.
13:30 - 15:45
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home. You can participate on Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
09:00 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Which Master do you think is interesting? Do you want to know which Master suits you? Then visit the Master's Open day. Find out all you need to know about our Master’s programs, tracks and Pre-Masters and ask your questions to our teachers, students and study advisors.
Interested in the LLM International Business Tax Law?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application