LLM International Business Tax Law
Understand how tax and legal considerations relate, and manage complex problems multinationals are facing in the field of international business taxation law. Upon graduation, you are well prepared for a career as a professional business tax advisor or an in-house counsel of corporations or for a career in academic research.
Social Science Research Network Ranking (SSRN, August 2018)
National Alumni Survey, 2017 | n = 5
National Alumni Survey, 2017 | n = 5
Program and courses
- Help multinational enterprises, organizations and governments to make good decisions in the field of international business taxation.
- Unique degree in both the legal and the economic aspects of international business taxation, providing good career prospects.
Be inspired by internationally-reputed law lecturers
This study program is affiliated to the Fiscal Institute Tilburg - the largest fiscal institute within Europe - as well as the Center for Company Law. Teachers are widely published in top academic journals in the fields of corporate tax law, international and European tax law, VAT, company law, and European law.
Typical courses are:
- Business Taxation and Decision-Making Processes
- Value Added Tax in Cross-Border Situations
- International and European Taxation
Firoz EhsanMaster's student
"The rising importance of taxation on the global stage and the dynamic interplay between law and economics made me decide to choose for a master in tax law. "
Cristiano Tristão DiasInternational Tax Advisor at Embraer
"Project management and structural thinking were fundamental assets gained in my masters at Tilburg University."
As a Master of Laws in International Business Tax Law, you are well prepared for a career as a professional business tax advisor or an in-house counsel of corporations or a career in academic research.
Graduates started for example as:
- Senior Tax Consultant at Deloitte
- International Tax Services Consultant at EY
- VAT specialist at Siemens
- Average number of months until first paid job: 4
- Employer requires an academic Master’s degree: 59%
- Gross monthly income of our graduates in the first year: € 2.266,-
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n = 163
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory program:
A Bachelor’s (= undergraduate) degree in Law
Available, but only in Dutch and for students with a HBO Recht or HBO Fiscaal Recht en Economie Bachelor’s degree. The one-year Pre-Master’s program starts end of August.
Tuition fees academic year 2018-2019
|€ 2,060*||€ 14,500|
* The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a Master's degree from a Dutch university. More information about the tuition fees and scholarships available for international students.
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice! You can follow a trial lecture from November 1st until December 31st 2018.
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 17 November 2018 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs and Research Masters, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the LLM International Business Tax Law?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application