Labour Law and Employment Relations (LLM)
The growing importance and number of multinational enterprises as well as an increase in international employability call for a new type of specialist that is able to cope with international and comparative labor issues from a variety of perspectives. You will combine knowledge of labour law with related areas such as human resource management, the labour market, and social policy, all from international and European perspectives. This combined skills-set is what modern professionals in employment relations need.
Education and COVID-19
All education takes place on campus again, now that the coronavirus measures have been scaled back. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. Therefore, a few basic measures still apply. For the latest updates on the COVID-19 situation, see our FAQs for prospective students.
National Student Survey, 2022 | n=14
for an internship
Program and courses
Combine the field of international labour law with courses in the fields of social policy, labour market, and human resources studies.
- The program ensures that you get a thorough understanding of the individual and collective labour law systems governing the different markets.
- Put theory into practice: an internship is part of the curriculum.
- Unique combination of legal and human resources education in the market.
- Strong community of (international) students and international research experts.
Preparatory courses available to bridge - if necessary - any knowledge gaps related to your educational backgrounds.
Typical courses are:
- Inclusive HRM
- International Labour Law and Globalisation
- Transnational Labour Law
Dagny Dagný Ósk Aradóttir PindLawyer at BSRB - Federation of State and Municipal Employees in Iceland
"Even though I knew the program was interdisciplinary I think the value of that has most positively surprised me. Labour market issues are complex, and even as a lawyer it is important to be able to look at things from different perspectives and disciplines."
Jeremy FrancisPolicy Consultant for the HR Policy and Employment Relations Unit at the OSCE
"Most importantly, look for the connections between the various courses. Once you are able to see how interrelated everything is, you will truly understand the value of the multi-disciplinary approach this program takes."
As a Master of Laws in Labour Law and Employment Relations you will look across multiple specializations and international borders.
- The combination of expertise in labour law, social policy, human resource management, and human resource and organizational sciences gives you an excellent foundation and a a competitive edge for positions in international labour law and HRM-related professions.
- Potential employers include international corporations, NGOs, labour unions, law firms, universities and consulting firms.
Alumni facts Tilburg Law School
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2.35
- Gross monthly income of our graduates in the first year: € 3.013,-
Bron: National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n = 98
Application and admission
This Master's program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
A Bachelor’s (= undergraduate) degree in:
- Social Science
- Liberal Arts and Sciences (major in law or social sciences)
Available, but only in Dutch and for students with a hbo-Rechten Bachelor’s degree. The one-year pre-Master’s program starts at the end of August.
Tuition fees and cost of living
Interested in this Master's program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
10:00 - 11:00
Admission and Application - Live webinar for Master’s programs
If you are interested in doing a Master's program at Tilburg University, and you want to know more about the application and admission process, you should join this webinar!
13:30 - 15:30
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
10:00 - 11:00
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Master's programs
The Get to know Tilburg University Webinar is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, Tilburg University and our offer of international Master's programs.
Interested in the LLM Labour Law and Employment Relations?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application