Law and Technology (LLM)
Providing cutting edge knowledge within the burgeoning field of technology regulation, Law and Technology gives answers to challenges of today’s technology driven society. In addition to traditional legal doctrine, the program covers regulatory issues in the spheres of public, private, and criminal law, and such subjects as comparative law, jurisprudence, ethics, and public administration.
National Student Survey, 2018 | n=52
Social Science Research Network Ranking (SSRN, April 2019)
National Alumni Survey, 2018 | n=14
Program and courses
Cover different technologies, such as ICT and biotechnology, and different legal domains, such as intellectual property rights, privacy and data protection, and cybercrime.
- Learning is closely connected to professional practice, with lawyers from international offices actively involved in the lectures.
- No background in science or technology required. More important is your affinity with the social aspects of technology.
Typical courses are:
- Regulation: Ethics, Acceptance, Legitimacy
- Capita Selecta Privacy and Data Protection
- Advanced Topics in Intellectual Property Law
Ask us your questions
Stefano FantinPolicy Researcher Security and Cybercrime at KU Leuven
"The program gave me an extensive legislative and doctrinal view on the principles of privacy and data protection, something that I apply to my daily job."
Colette CuijpersProgram Director
"Alumni give guest lectures, offer traineeships, and help us innovate our courses. One such innovation is practical projects in which students do societally relevant research in collaboration with companies like ASML, Brinkhof, Louwers Advocaten, and Privacy International."
Chloë BaartmansAssociate Bird & Bird
"People really come to us when the legal issue becomes complex and unobvious, so the work you do is most often very intellectually challenging."
A Master of Laws in Law and Technology opens doors to a wide variety of careers all over the world. Pursue a leading position as a consultant, researcher, policy-maker, or lawyer specialized in law and technology.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Legal Consultant IP/IT & Commercial at Deloitte Nederland, Netherlands
- Privacy and Data Protection Legal Counsel at Philips, Netherlands
- Legal Counsel at ASML, Netherlands
- Regulatory & Compliance Advisor at PwC Luxembourg
Alumni facts Tilburg Law School
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2.86
- Employer requires an academic Master’s degree: 68%
- Gross monthly income of our graduates in the first year: € 2.468,-
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2018 | n = 118
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
A Bachelor’s (= undergraduate) degree:
- in Law
- in Liberal Arts and Sciences (with a major in Law)
- with an equivalent of 90 ECTS in legal courses
Available, but only in Dutch and for students with a HBO Recht Bachelor’s degree. The one-year Pre-Master’s program starts end of August.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
10:00 - 14:45
Open Day Master's programs
The Open Day for Master's programs is on Saturday April 18, 2020. Get acquainted with our English taught Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere on our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
15:00 - 19:00
Open Door Day Data Science and Entrepreneurship
Determine wether or not our Master's program in Data Science and Entrepreneurship matches your current and future ambitions by learning more about the Master's program, the Pre-Master's program, your eligibility, what's it like to be a JADS student, and the Mariënburg Data Science Campus in 's-Hertogenbosch.
Interested in the LLM Law and Technology?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application