Management of Cultural Diversity
Become an expert in managing a culturally diverse workforce within companies and organizations, and work on policies solving important societal challenges such as equal opportunities in the labor market and the participation of refugees in society. And develop cooperation strategies for the customers of organizations and for citizens with diverse life-styles, identities, orientations, and world views.
Source: National Student Survey, 2017 | n=13
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n = 16
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n = 16
Program and courses
Learn how to neutralize the risks and take advantage of the opportunities presented by cultural diversity. Understand and manage important organizational and societal challenges, such as:
- How are production and service delivery affected when people from all parts of the world come together to communicate and work in a company?
- Do people with different backgrounds get equal opportunities in the labor market? If not, how can we achieve equal opportunities?
- What needs to be done to allow refugees to get a job and perform well in their new positions?
- What happens to expats when sent abroad with their families to represent their company? What affects their well-being?
Internationally oriented, with a combination of methods from sociology, psychology, human resource management, and sociolinguistics.
Typical courses are:
- Cultural Identity and Diversity
- Cultural Diversity Management
- Cultural Diversity Policies
Because of the explicit international orientation you can expect to find a job in a variety of countries within Europe and beyond. Either focus on management of a culturally diverse workforce within companies and organizations (for-profit and non-profit) or work on policy development and implementation regarding issues of cultural diversity in society within governmental organizations or NGOs.
Graduates started for example as:
- Management consultant
- Project manager
- Human resource advisor
- Organization advisor
- Policy advisor
- Number of months until first paid job is 4,6 months
- 50% of our alumni does find a job within 2 months after graduation, and 79% within 6 months
- Gross monthly income of graduates in the first year after graduation: €1.844
Source: Alumni of Culture Studies (all tracks), National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n = 16
Application and admission
This program starts:
End of August (both the Master’s and the Pre-Master’s program)
Best preparatory programs:
- A Bachelor’s degree in general Culture Studies, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Religious Studies, Communication Studies/Modern Language, Sociology, Anthropology, Business studies, HR studies, Organization studies.
- The academic background of the students in our Master's program varies a lot. Students with a Bachelor's degree in a different subject area are also most welcome to apply.
Available for both Research University students and students of a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees academic year 2018-2019
|€ 2,060*||€ 11,100|
* The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a Master's degree from a Dutch university. More information about the tuition fees and scholarships available for international students.
Interested in this Master's program?
With any questions, don't hesitate to contact us by clicking the 'Contact us' button available on every page of our Master's website.
Download your personalized brochure
In only a few easy steps you can create your own customized brochure with information on the program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice! You can follow a trial lecture from November 1st until December 31st 2018.
Interested in the Management of Cultural Diversity track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application