Management of Cultural Diversity
Become an expert in managing a culturally diverse workforce within companies and organizations. Work on policies solving important societal challenges, such as equal opportunities in the labor market, the educational or the healthcare system and the participation of refugees in society. This is a track of MA Culture Studies.
Education and COVID-19
All education takes place on campus again, now that the coronavirus measures have been scaled back. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. Therefore, a few basic measures still apply. For the latest updates on the COVID-19 situation, see our FAQs for prospective students.
(of all students who started in September, 2021)
National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n=11 (Culture Studies, all tracks)
Alumni report, 2021 | n = 502 (Culture Studies, all tracks)
Program and courses
Learn to understand and manage organizational and societal challenges that come with cultural diversity.
- Reflect on questions such as:
- What does it mean to a hospital when patients with various religious beliefs need tailor-made care?
- What are the consequences when citizens representing different identities, traditions, languages and beliefs send their children to mixed schools?
- Do people with different ethnic backgrounds get equal opportunities in the labor market?
- How can a company customize its services to customers from all over the world?
- How can employers deal with challenges related to working with quotas regarding the composition of their workforce
- What should managers and policymakers do to make diversity work?
- Learn to approach complex issues from an interdisciplinary perspective, combining insights from culture studies, sociology, anthropology, social psychology, sociolinguistics, organization and management studies and human resource studies.
- Apply your theoretical knowledge to real-life cases within companies and organizations.
This is a track of MA Culture Studies. You specialize by following one of its tracks.
Typical courses are:
- Cultural Identity and Diversity
- Cultural Diversity Management
- Cultural Diversity Policies
"The program was an eye-opener as it taught me to look at the multicultural societies from a broader perspective. It prepared me to manage the diversity of people in organizations in a way everyone gets equal chances and opportunities."
Upon graduating you will have obtained the following title (as stated on your diploma): MA Culture Studies, specialization Management of Cultural Diversity.
This specialization will enable you to analyze cases involving cultural diversity and to propose interventions that managers, policy makers and government officials can work with. You may focus on the management of a culturally diverse workforce within companies and organizations or work on policy development and implementation related to issues of cultural diversity in society within governmental organizations or NGOs.
Some of our graduates' jobs:
- Head of Talent at Granger Reis
- Consultant at Ministerie van Veiligheid en Justitie
- Project Coordinator Inclusion & Diversity at PwC
- Corporate Recruiter at Coolblue
- HRM Trainee at Yacht
- Average time between graduation and first paid job is 3.4 months
- 81% of the alumni find a job within 6 months of graduation
Source: Alumni of Culture Studies (all tracks), National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n = 11
Application and admission
This program starts:
End of August (both the Master’s and the Pre-Master’s program)
Best preparatory programs:
A Bachelor's degree in the field of:
- The academic background of the students in our Master's program varies a lot. Students with a Bachelor's degree in a different subject area are also most welcome to apply.
Open to both Research University students and students of a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
13:30 - 15:30
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
10:00 - 11:00
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Master's programs
The Get to know Tilburg University Webinar is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, Tilburg University and our offer of international Master's programs.
10:00 - 11:00
Admission and Application - Live webinar for Master’s programs
If you are interested in doing a Master's program at Tilburg University, and you want to know more about the application and admission process, you should join this webinar!
Interested in the Management of Cultural Diversity track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application