Management of Cultural Diversity
Become an expert in managing a culturally diverse workforce within companies and organizations. Work on policies solving important societal challenges, such as equal opportunities in the labor market and the participation of refugees in society. Learn how to develop cooperation strategies for the customers of organizations, and for citizens with diverse life styles, identities, orientations, and world views.
This is a track of MA Culture Studies.
National Student Survey, 2018 | n=14
National Alumni Survey, 2016-2018 | n = 46
National Alumni Survey, 2016 -2018 | n = 46
Program and courses
Learn how to neutralize the risks and take advantage of the opportunities presented by cultural diversity. Understand and manage important organizational and societal challenges, such as:
- How are production and service delivery affected when people from all parts of the world come together to communicate and work in a company?
- Do people with different backgrounds get equal opportunities in the labor market? If not, how can we achieve equal opportunities?
- What needs to be done to allow refugees to get a job and perform well in their new positions?
- What happens to expats when sent abroad with their families to represent their company? What affects their well-being?
Internationally oriented, with a combination of methods from sociology, psychology, human resource management, and sociolinguistics.
This is a track of MA Culture Studies. You specialize by following one of its tracks.
Typical courses are:
- Cultural Identity and Diversity
- Cultural Diversity Management
- Cultural Diversity Policies
Bruno BojMaster's student
"The program was an eye-opener as it taught me to look at the multicultural societies from a broader perspective. It prepared me to manage the diversity of people in organizations in a way everyone gets equal chances and opportunities."
Upon graduating you will have obtainted the following title (as stated on your diploma): MA Culture Studies, specialization Management of Cultural Diversity.
Because of the explicit international orientation you can expect to find a job in a variety of countries within Europe and beyond. Either focus on management of a culturally diverse workforce within companies and organizations (for-profit and non-profit) or work on policy development and implementation regarding issues of cultural diversity in society within governmental organizations or NGOs.
Some of our graduates' jobs:
- Management consultant
- Project manager
- Human resource advisor
- Organization advisor
- Policy advisor
- Average time between graduation and first paid job is 3.6 months
- 83% of our alumni find a job within 6 months after graduation, and 59% within 2 months
- 80% of the alumni would choose the same program at our university again
Source: Alumni of Culture Studies (all tracks), National Alumni Survey, 2016-2018 | n = 46
Application and admission
This program starts:
End of August (both the Master’s and the Pre-Master’s program)
Best preparatory programs:
- A Bachelor’s degree in general Culture Studies, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Religious Studies, Communication Studies/Modern Language, Sociology, Anthropology, Business studies, HR studies, Organization studies.
- The academic background of the students in our Master's program varies a lot. Students with a Bachelor's degree in a different subject area are also most welcome to apply.
Open to both Research University students and students of a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
10:00 - 14:45
Open Day Master's programs
The Open Day for Master's programs is on Saturday April 18, 2020. Get acquainted with our English taught Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere on our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
15:00 - 19:00
Open Door Day Data Science and Entrepreneurship
Determine wether or not our Master's program in Data Science and Entrepreneurship matches your current and future ambitions by learning more about the Master's program, the Pre-Master's program, your eligibility, what's it like to be a JADS student, and the Mariënburg Data Science Campus in 's-Hertogenbosch.
Interested in the Management of Cultural Diversity track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application