A specialized program focused on the practice of a marketing manager, providing a detailed view on the 4 P’s of marketing: price, promotion, place, and product - both in an offline and online context. Perspectives are drawn from economics, strategy, and economic psychology to examine the key tasks of every marketing manager: obtaining knowledge of market segmentation, gaining insights into consumer decision-making, and using marketing instruments.
Program and courses
Marketing Management provides an excellent toolbox to analyze and interpret consumer and business markets with.
- Outstanding track record of students and staff. The Best Thesis Award at the Dutch Marketing Awards 2016 and 2017 has been won by one of our Marketing Management students. Multiple teachers have won innovation- and best teaching awards.
- Strong connection with business practice. Business challenges, company guest lectures, and actual business cases ensure a strong connection between marketing theory and practice. You acquire the latest ideas from academic research along with insights, techniques, tools and procedures that are used in commercial practice.
- Opportunity to pursue a dual degree in collaboration with one of our foreign partner universities.
In the first semester of the regular program, you can also apply for the following advanced programs:
* The Extended Master, which adds a half year traineeship to the regular master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
- Brand Management
- Marketing Communication
- Marketing Channel Marketing
- Strategic Marketing Management
Laurens van der HoevenMaster's student
"The quality of education is really high and the professors are really skillful. I did not expect the Master to be so well rounded. In my opinion the program touches almost all facets related to marketing."
Ron WillemsMaster's student
"I'm really enjoying my time at Tilburg University. Compared to HBO, it's a lot more work, but the courses are very interesting. I feel like I have learned a lot so far and am glad I chose this program!"
Fleur de VosMaster's student
"I would like to become a data-driven marketer working for a multinational FMCG company."
With your broad theoretical knowledge and relevant practical skills, you can expect to be in a highly competitive position when it comes to getting the marketing job you want. You will be able to choose from a diverse range of positions, such as product/brand manager, online marketer, or sales manager.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Marketing Trainee at L'Oréal
- Management Trainee at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Brand Manager at Perfetti van Melle
- Category Manager at Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Average number of months until first paid job: 3
- Is (very) satisfied with the Master's program: 89%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2,721
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2017 | n=57
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
- A Bachelor’s degree from Tilburg University in Business Economics or International Business Administration.
- Bachelors with a solid foundation in Mathematics and Statistics, Marketing, Marketing Research and Consumer Behavior, Management, Organization, Finance or Accounting, and Academic training.
Open to both Research University students and students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this program?
Please feel free to contact us with your personal queries. You can contact us through the blue 'Contact or meet us' button on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one or more Master's programs and do you want to experience what it is like to follow this program(s) at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture! You can follow a regular lecture of the Master's program(s) of your choice in November and December, 2019.
10:00 - 14:45
Open Day Master's programs
The Open Day for Master's programs is on Saturday November 16, 2019. Get acquainted with our English taught Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere on our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the MSc Marketing Management?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application