A specialized program oriented towards the practice of a marketing manager, providing a detailed view on the 4 P’s of marketing: price, promotion, place, and product - both in an offline and online context. Perspectives are drawn from economics, strategy, and economic psychology to examine the key tasks of every marketing manager: obtaining knowledge of market segmentation, gaining insights into consumer decision-making, and using marketing instruments.
National Student Survey, 2018 | n=111
UT Dallas Research Ranking, publication period 2010-2017
Program and courses
Marketing Management provides an excellent toolbox to analyze and interpret consumer and business markets.
- Outstanding track record of students and staff. The Best Thesis Award at the Dutch Marketing Awards 2016 ánd 2017 has been won by a Marketing Management student. Multiple teachers have won innovation- and best teaching awards.
- Strong links with business practice. Business challenges, company guest lectures, and real-life cases ensure a strong link between marketing theory and practice. You acquire the latest ideas from academic research along with insights, techniques, tools and procedures that are used in commercial practice.
- Opportunity to pursue a dual degree in collaboration with one of our foreign partner universities.
In the first semester of the regular program, you can also apply for the following on top of programs:
* The Extended Master, which adds a traineeship of half a year to the regular Master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
- Brand Management
- Marketing Communication
- Marketing Channel Marketing
- Strategic Marketing Management
Laurens van der HoevenMaster's student
"The quality of education is really high and the professors are really skillful. I did not expect the Master to be so well rounded. In my opinion the program touches almost all facets related to marketing."
Ron WillemsMaster's student
"I'm really enjoying my time at Tilburg University. Compared to HBO, it's a lot more work, but the courses are very interesting. I feel like I have learned a lot so far and am glad I chose this program!"
Fleur de VosMaster's student
"I would like to become a data-driven marketer working for a multinational FMCG company."
With your broad theoretical knowledge and relevant practical skills, you can expect to be in a highly competitive position when it comes to getting the marketing job you want. You will be able to choose from a diverse range of positions, such as product/brand manager, online marketer, or sales manager.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Marketing Trainee at L'Oréal
- Management Trainee at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Brand Manager at Perfetti van Melle
- Category Manager at Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2.9
- Is (very) satisfied with the Master's program: 93%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2,523
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2017 | n=57
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
- A Bachelor’s degree from Tilburg University in Business Economics or International Business Administration.
- Bachelors with a solid basis in Mathematics and Statistics, Marketing, Marketing Research and Consumer Behavior, Management, Organization, Finance or Accounting, and Academic training.
Available for both Research University students and students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 6 April 2019 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs and Research Masters, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one or more Master's programs and do you want to experience what it is like to follow this program(s) at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture! You can follow a regular lecture of the Master's program(s) of your choice in November and December, 2019.
Interested in the MSc Marketing Management?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application