Learn to develop innovative and effective ways to distribute, design, price and promote products and services - both in an online and offline context. With your broad theoretical knowledge and relevant practical skills, a career as a successful marketing manager lies ahead of you.
Education as of September 2022
All education takes place on campus again, now that the coronavirus measures have been scaled back. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. Therefore, a few basic measures still apply. For the latest updates on the COVID-19 situation, see our FAQs for prospective students.
National Student Survey, 2021 | n=86
US News Best Global Universities, 2022
National Alumni Survey, 2020 | n=20
Program and courses
With your broad theoretical knowledge and relevant practical skills, you can expect to be in a highly competitive position when it comes to getting the job you want in marketing. With Marketing Management you will become an expert on analyzing and interpreting consumer and business markets with:
- Outstanding track record of students and staff. The Best Thesis Award at the Dutch Marketing Awards 2016 and 2017 has been won by one of our Marketing Management students. Multiple teachers have won innovation- and best teaching awards.
- Strong connection with business practice. Business challenges, company guest lectures, and actual business cases ensure a strong connection between marketing theory and practice. You acquire the latest ideas from academic research along with insights, techniques, tools and procedures that are used in commercial practice.
- Personalize your program with various electives to choose from. Take the opportunity to pursue a double degree in collaboration with one of our foreign partner universities.
In the first semester of the regular program, you can also apply for the following advanced programs:
* The Extended Master's Program, which adds a half year traineeship to the regular master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Watch this short video for an explanation of the difference between Marketing Management and Marketing Analytics.
Typical courses are:
- Brand Management
- Marketing Communication
- Marketing Channel Management
- Strategic Marketing Management
Laurens van der HoevenMaster's student
"The quality of education is really high and the professors are really skillful. I did not expect the Master to be so well rounded. In my opinion the program touches almost all facets related to marketing."
Ron WillemsMaster's student
"I'm really enjoying my time at Tilburg University. Compared to HBO, it's a lot more work, but the courses are very interesting. I feel like I have learned a lot so far and am glad I chose this program!"
With your broad theoretical knowledge and relevant practical skills, you can expect to be in a highly competitive position when it comes to getting the marketing job you want. You will be able to choose from a diverse range of positions, such as product/brand manager, online marketer, or sales manager.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Marketing Trainee at L'Oréal
- Management Trainee at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Brand Manager at Perfetti van Melle
- Category Manager at Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2,85
- Is (very) satisfied with the Master's program: 91%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2,952,-
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2020 | n=20
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
- A Bachelor’s degree from Tilburg University in Business Economics or International Business Administration.
- Bachelors with a solid foundation in Mathematics and Statistics, Marketing, Marketing Research and Consumer Behavior, Management, Organization, Finance or Accounting, and Academic training.
Open to both Research University students and students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
To be announced
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
09:30 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Interested in doing a Master's program? Find out which Master's program suits you best during our Master's Open day on November 19. Learn all about our (pre-)Master’s programs and tracks, and ask teachers, students, and study advisors your questions. Sign up for the Open day now!
Interested in the MSc Marketing Management?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application